Friday, September 10, 2021

It's Beginning to get close to Christmas........

  I worked on Christmas cards today using the theme (from a SCS challenge) It's Beginning to Feel alot like Christmas...!


This image and sentiment are from Angie Blom Digital images.  (I so love her work- and if you go look at her site, remember prices are in Canadian, not US).  This was fast and I love it!  I also was creating for the Alpha challenge S=Scoring, so I scored the top of the card, the side edges and all of the snowbanks are 'raised' using a score tool, then glittered. The image is colored using Copics. I used a touch of blue Distress in for the sky. The snowflake diecuts are by Gina Marie. 



 LOL, OK, so I went a bit heavy handed with the glitter : )  I first scored the lower portion of the card to look like a rooftop...used Distress Inks over the shingles. I added Distress inks to the sky- Shaded Lilac, Faded Jeans, then Prize Ribbon.  I added Stickles, Nuvo Glimmer paste and white paint next.  It was too little, not balanced, then overdone....Oh well....  I believe, so hope Santa will bring me something good (craft supplies possibly???) hehe  The sentiment is a portion of a Unity stamp......

Challenges: TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

Michele said...

these are perfect Christmas cards! i'm not quite ready for that yet... by the way thanks for your visit to my blog. i love that your daughter's school mascot was an owl - i love owls! xo

kiwimeskreations said...

A couple of wonderful Christmas cards Shelly - love the red truck in the snow :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your Christmas cards look fabulous, Shelly!

Lynn McAuley said...

Two awesome Christmas cards, Shelly!! Loving all that snow and your red truck carrying that fat Christmas tree!! Santa is pretty darn cute, too!!

Donna said...

Lots of companies have a similar truck with the tree on top and I love that. You did a wonderful scene with the truck. Just reminds me of Christmas so much. Super cute Santa card too. I haven't thought much about Christmas since I dropped my design team. I appreciate your fun ideas though. Stay safe! Have a super weekend!
Donna

Tammy said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards Shelly! I really like all of glittery snow on your first card and the red truck just pops against it!
Tammy x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

The title of this blog post gave me anxiety--LOL. I'm working on Christmas cards, and feel like I have a whole load of other things such as tags for presents, and tags for wine bottles. Ugh!

Onto better things, I love your cards. The way you made the snow in the first card is quite unique. So, you're a glitter queen. Everyone has to have a vice--LOL.