Wednesday, September 8, 2021

In Memory

It has been 20 years since Princess Diana died- wow- I remember where I was when I found out- I was at work in the Intensive Care Unit and there was a TV on...  I was so in shock- it was late in my shift...I went home and put on the TV and watched it half of the night!

 

IN memory of Princess Diana- it's a theme for the Teapot Tuesday challenge at Splitcoaststampers....  we send cards to other Teapot ladies....  I made my card using a digi stamp from AngieBlom digi stamps....  it is colored just in the greens and yellows, then I overlayed vellum which had an alcohol ink technique in it.  I scribbled Copic markers B21, B24, B26, B28 and dabbed on 91% rubbing alcohol,  I spattered alcohol on after the first round dried, then added splatters of WInk of Stella.  Next, I splattered on Copic/Alcohol inks on the top. I added a rose from IBFS (I Brake for Stamps) in yellow, as that was Princess Diana's favorite rose.  The die cut was from a market in the Netherlands I bought a couple of years ago, and I added yellow Offray ribbon thru it.  The die cut sentiment ( Michael's) was added in white over the blue card. A couple of sequins and the card is ready to mail off to a Teapot lady : )

Challenges- TBA
Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this is such a pretty card, in memory of Princess Diana.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Shelly - love that die cut with the ribbon through it - that is amazing. I too remember where I was when I first heard... same with 9/11
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous tribute card for a beautiful soul! Awesome work, Shelly!