Monday, September 14, 2020

Creative Day

I had some time Saturday to create and I enjoyed every minute of it!  A few friends from the Alpha challenge were on Zoom, so I was not alone in my craft room : )  
I went to SCS for challenges, and used those prompts for my cardmaking. 


This week, the water color challenge #15 is to color die cuts.  I used quite a few on this card.  The Squirrel is by Gina Marie, the acorn and leaves are Cheery Lynn and the grass - I do not know.....  ALl were water colored using Distress inks and or SU inks. 
I also used this card for my Alpha challenge for X and E .  Well, I have a MFT die (a tic-tac-toe board) and cut out the x's and used distress inks to add them to the background and used the E=enamel dots. 
My husband is a bit squirrel obsessed.  He was raised on a farm- there are NO squirrels- so when he moved to the city, became quite intrigued with the little fella's  We have red/brown squirrels and gray squirrels in out backyard!
The sentiment is by Sunny Studio's


This card is for the watercolor #14 challenge. I used a combination of stamps for this challenge, first applying a ghost image then adding more ink over them.  I loved this challenge and was very happy with my results. I used Daniel Smith watercolors on Arches 140# Hot press paper. 
Stamps by Hero Arts, Hampton Arts and the sentiment is by Unity. 


 And, finally, I made a card for the Free for all challenge using Cute Halloween cards. This set is by CC Designs and so reminds me of when my kids were younger!  I love this!  The images were cut out using the Scan n Cut and colored using Copics. I added a flourish my Alpha friend sent to me (Thanks Sharon) and added them over a die cut I made about a year ago and had in my stash. 

We are back from a little trip to Michigan just to get a change of scenery.  


 One of the days we did a 25 mile bike ride through a State Park system- just us and wildlife : )  It was fabulous- although, a bit chilly! Now, back to reality!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

You're so creative, Shelly!

*Vicki* said...

Your cards look amazing here Shelly! That squirrel is adorable! Love the Fall theme and colors! Looks like you had a wonderful trip with some beautiful scenery there! Hope to be able to do some of that myself soon! How fun that you were able to craft with friends on Zoom too! Makes the distance seem a little less further I'm sure! HUGS

Lisa Lynn said...

Those are wonderful cards Shelly. All are great with different styles and techniques. Glad that you had a nice getaway to MI.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a triple treat with these awesome cards, Shelly!! That frilly squirrel has stolen my heart! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that awesome photo of you and Ray in the forest! How awesome that must have been!