Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Color challenge and new stamps

I had a bit of time to create today, and made this card for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers. 



 The colors for today are (SU) Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive, plus white.  
 I tapped the colors onto a glass craft mat and spritzed with water.  After dabbing into the cardstock, I dried the cardstock before doing the next color.  I stamped the images directly onto the card, and colored the image in- but there was too much green on the flowers.  SO, I restamped the flowers onto white cardstock and colored using Copics, then fussy cut out the flowers only.  
  I just ordered this set from COlorado Craft Company, and just love it.  You will see it more : )

Challenges: 

Hope you are having a great week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Shelly - love how you made sure the flowers were the colour you wanted them to be by re-stamping and fussy cutting - they certainly look great against the background
Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at Word Art Wednesday
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine WAW DT

Donna said...

Beautiful card Shelly. Love the color combination and that new stamp set is very pretty! Can't go wrong with scripture and flowers! Have a wonderful day!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly!

*Vicki* said...

The colors turned out beautiful for your background! Stunning card!

Margaret said...

Wow! This is stunning. I love the colors you used and you did a great job on the flowers.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Shelly. Fabulous sentiment on this pretty design. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. It's a blessing to see your art linked up in our challenge, and I want you to know just how much I appreciate it. I prayed for you, your husband, children and grandson as I stopped by your blog today. I pray that the Lord will bless you as you create and share your art, and that He will work in your lives to bring glory to His precious name. Thanks again for playing along. Have a wonderful and creative week, and keep your eyes on Him.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Lynn McAuley said...

What an exquisitely beautiful creation, Shelly!!