Sunday, January 24, 2010

New FCD Digi Designer and Greeting Farm Digi Challenge during CHA

 Firecracker Designs by Pamela has introduced a new Digital Image Designer today!  And, the artist is Cat Gondak who is also a Technique Junkie- so I have had the pleasure of seeing her creative artwork AND have a few pieces she made for the Technique Junkies ATC swap.  Welcome Cat!!! You can check out her blog- the link is on my sidebar with the other FCD team members.
So, this Manatee is one of Cat's new Digi Images available at  Firecracker Designs by Pamela- and I have to say I LOVE it!  So, I printed it out and went to work tonight.......I have had this background that I made months ago just waiting for the right opportunity to be used........it is a wonderful sparkly background made with SU reinkers and Irridescent Medium (you can buy it for $5.00 or so at Dick Blick....it is liquid Glitter- without the mess! My first time using it- but it will not be my last!!!)   Anyway, I colored the image with Copic markers that closely matched the reimker colors I used. I used: R22, R24, E17 (on the flower), C1, C2, C3.  I also colored the prima's with the two R's and the E17 to coordinate with the card.  I also colored the Dew Drops to coordinate with the card. I put the BG paper through the Cuttlebug and 'highlighted' the raised embossed areas with Cameo Coral Ink-direct from the pad. I think the sentiment is so funny! And, Spring Break....it is only 10 weeks away....but who is counting........
Challenges:
Pile it on-Warm Wishes
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential-Let the Sunshine
Cooking it up with katie-Non-human image, texture, New Product
Artful Inkables-Think Spring
Charisma-Fruity Colors
Stamp Something-Funny Somethings

Well, I also had this great AI Foil background (a Technique Junkies technique) on my desk- I made it months ago as well...... I thought it would make a darling card for the Greeting Farm Challenge that I saw on their blog tonight......While they are at CHA, each day they will post a digital image, and if you make a card with it and post it to the blog, you will get the next day's digi free!  Oh my, I cannot resist these challenges!  This little guy is called Mer Ian.  I colored him with Copic Markers- E000, E00, C2, Y13, Y15, BG05, BG09, BG10.  I added a tree stamped in a Kaleidoscope color pad with a retired SU stamp. I like the effect and the touch of color on the top.  Next, I stamped the Happy Birthday-another retired SU stamp in Tempting Turquoise, backed it with Gable Green and that with Temp. Turquoise and put that up on dimensionals.   This digi challenge closes at 6PM tomorrow (Monday 1/25).


Challenges:
Greeting Farm Digi Challenge
Sassie Susie-Card for a Boy
Stampin B's DT-Nautical
Gingersnap-Metallic
StampinwithSarahKay-Birthday card for a boy

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will go check out Cat's new Digi Images at FCD.  Pamela, the owner of FCD is also adding new images Monday 1/25, and look for some FREE sentiment images to be released Tuesday 1/26-along with a tutorial on how to cut them out. 
  Have a great day!
Shelly

23 comments:

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Your cards are beautiful, thanks for joining us at Stampavie and MOre

Vee said...

Fab image and lovely fruity colours.Loved the embossed BG. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Katie said...

Shelly,
What super cute cards!
I love all the texture and sine.
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Sally said...

Fabulous cards. Great colors. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Cheryl said...

Fantastic! I love the embossed back grounds. That manatee is sooooo cute! Great job!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly & some fab techniques you've used :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly & some fab techniques you've used :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly - the backgrounds are beautiful. You need to post a tutorial on how to make them - pretty please ?? LOL.

Tracy said...

Fun cards, thanks for joining Susie's Sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I love your shimmery colors and all the embossing paired with your images. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week.

Allison said...

sooooo cute
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

CarlaKH said...

oh those are fabulous...esp love that mer-ian background!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fab card. The image is so much fun and the colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Mary G. said...

Great job on these Shelly!!! The manatee card is just adorable!

Annie said...

awwww, these are soooooooooooooo beautiful!!!

Tammy said...

Love both cards!

Rhonda said...

aaaaaaaaw! Shelly I love your Mer Ian. GREAT JOB!

Carrie said...

Your background on this card is so cool and so fitting for this little image. I love it!

Kathy said...

Shelly this is adorable, the backgroung is fantastic. I read on my blog that you posted your email in the gallery, what a bummer. I thought the directions weren't very clear as to where to post.

Susie Sugar said...

Shelly your card is lovely
Thanks for joining in this weeks Susie's sassy challenge
We hope you will Join us again on Thursday
Love Susie xx

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Ooh, I especially like the orange background!

Renee said...

These cards are both so cute!

Glitterbee hugs
Renee

Juliet A said...

When I saw this manatee card on the TJ list this morning, I thought it looked familiar.