Thursday, January 21, 2010

Firecracker Designs by Pamela January Blog Hop and Bloggers Challenge

               Reduce, Reuse, Recycle if the Theme of our Blog Hop
The official start time of this Hop is Friday, at 8:00 AM (EST). If you arrived early, please be patient as all the links may not be live yet.

This is a “circular blog hop” where the only beginning is wherever you start!!  You will know you are at the end of your blog hop when you’ve come back to the blog you’ve started from!  (It’s not a huge circle…so it should be easy to remember where you started.)

There will be a winner from posts made to the Design Team blogs, and the winner will be chosen from a mystery blog hostess that we don’t even know who it will be until the hop is over…so that’s why you’ll want to leave a comment on EVERY blog, so you don’t miss out!

**To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment.) and you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Mon, at 8:00 PM (EST).**

I combined my Reuse and Reduce theme with my Bloggers Challenge this week , which is to punch or use die cuts.  I used my Cricut- cartridge Heritage for the trees and the fences.  I challenged myself to make a card and a matching ATC (reusing the image and Reducing it to a smaller size).  Now, over on Papercraft Planet, Firecracker Designs has a challenge to make a Winter Themed card, so I made an additional card in a  winter time theme.    (My Firecracker Designs by Pamela Stamp set is called Pitchin In)



The tree, birds and birdhouse are all colored in Copic Markers. Here is a list of the markers used:
"0", C2, C3, B21, B24, E33, E35, E37, E47, E57, R24, R27, G20, G85, G99 Plus, Su Markers Old Olive and Close to Cocoa.
  I used the haystack in the stamp set for the foilage on the bottom below the fence.  I colored 1/2 the stamp with Old Olive and stamped it repeatedly, then went over it lightly with Close to Cocoa.  I added flowers with Flower Soft in the Floral Bouquet collection from FCD. I dotted the white above the ground with Old Olive marker.
  The background of the card is called Spritzed Stone and is a Technique Junkies technique using Copic markers.  It is soft and pretty IRL.
 The card stock is SU Ballet Blue and Real Red.  The white is Georgia Pacific.

Here is my winter scene. This tree is cut out with the Cricut. I painted the Bg over the Spritzed Stone with Ranger Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint in a thin layer- that gives the bacground a shimmery look. Then I added stickles for a wintery look.

Here are the ATC's I made- if you are a Technique Junkie that does the TJ ATC swaps- the ones on the right are on their way to Juliet's house via USPS now.

Now, to continue the circle, you will need to hop on over to Tesa's Blog 
and keep going until you’ve come back to where you’ve started!  Thanks so much for playing along with us and we hope you have a great time!
This set of cards also fits challenge by Flourishes- Scene It
Roses on Paper-Show up Winter
Artful Inkables- Think Spring
Ooh La La-Create a scene-new challenge blog

48 comments:

Donna Moore said...

I knew I would love these before seeing them, you are so talented! Great project girl!

Annie said...

oh my, what a great card!!! I love all of the details that you put into them. And you did so many - wow! Great job!

FireCracker082 said...

oh how lovely! really like the contrast of the spring and winter..flower soft and glitter!!

Ursula said...

Wow, Shelly, you were really ambitious on this one! 2 cards and a bunch of ATC's! You did a remarkable job on the grass and flowers; they look perfect! The winter touches on the other card are so sweet! Really nice work!

TesaB said...

Love your cards and ATCs, Shelly! What a great idea for the challenge, and they all turned out totally gorgeous!

froebelsternchen said...

This scenic cards ar stunning and unique Shelly!
This liitle sparkling design is great!

I invite you to join our new Challenblog for ATC Friends

Fun With ATc´s

xoxoxo Susi

StampinCathy said...

The cards are awesome and so inspiring. I just love all the details and bling you added.

Carrie said...

Omgosh your cards are adorable and I'm soooo jealous, I want the heritage cart so badly!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are really awesome!all the detail is fabulous...never done an ATC! yours are again..just wonderful!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

These are fabulous! I love that stamp set. I also love how you put the tree BEHIND the fence.....I always seem to put the tree in front of the fence.

kc_froglady said...

Wonderful Shelly! I love the use of the Flower Soft on them too - I still struggle with including that other than wintery snow LOL!

ladyj said...

love the challenge you did and the flower soft added just the right touch--I need to dig mine out and start using it :-) Thanks for inspiring me--LOL

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hey girly! Wow you have been very busy. I LOVE your projects. Aren't those copics addictive!! I'm loving mine. Great use of the flower soft!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love the fence and all the extra little details!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous work Shelly! I love the scene and fence! TFS!

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic! Love the scene you created! {SMILEs}

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

what cute cards and I love ATC's too. the winter tree is awesome, love the curly limbs.
thanks for sharing

Chrisd said...

Love those ATC and they have such details...wow!

Unknown said...

Another great card......I like the way you used the same basic items and yet created different seasons with them. Awesome talent you have.
Diana dj_enns@yahoo.com

Lou Sims said...

Great card ideas and love how you have crated your scenery.

Lou
x

Lori said...

Shelly, your cards are adorable. I can see that you defineatly put a lot of work into them! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Lori R.

Ida said...

Super cute and sweet. Love the sparkle and the picket fence.

Lisa Bohler said...

Lovely fence and tree...especially love all of the sparkle!! Pretty!

Rachelle said...

Love the sparkle with the bright copics!

JoAnn said...

Very Nice Cards! I love the flower soft. Also the stickles adds great shimmer to the card.

Karen Howard said...

WOW, these are really gorgeous! Love the greenery and the flowers you made with the flower soft!

Juliet A said...

You rock! You made some awesome cards with that stamp set!

I can't wait to get my hands on those ATCs!

silvia said...

LOVE the ATC's

Joanne Gilch said...

shelly, have a great hop. Your little ATCs are so cute. You are so creative.
joanne

Vickie Kertz said...

The fence is so cute. Love the different ways you made this card. TFS

Vickie Kertz said...

I really love this fence and the flower soft. You have shown the endless possibilities with these images. TFS

Stampin_melissa said...

Love how you changed seasons! Wonderful cards & ATCs!

Anna Banana said...

I love the spring tree along with the fall trees! The sparkle is fantastic and the Flower soft is lovely!!!

Anna Banana

tonistamps said...

Great cards!!! Love the fence, and how you put it all together!

Kim Marie said...

What a darling card! The sparkly glitter makes me smile!
Kim Marie
kimmet123@aol.com

Anne said...

Very pretty Shelly, love those ATCs

CK Chai said...

loving the cards & ATCs!

Unknown said...

I love that winter scene!!! It just sparkles. I've been making ATC's for a short while and I adore making the little works of art. Thank you so much for choosing such terrific projects for us. I love blog hops and I thank you for the time you put in on this one.

Gayle Taylor
gaylememories@sbcglobal.net

Cheryl said...

These cards are adorable! I LOVE the winter card with all the sparkle.

Tami Black said...

I love these so much -- absolutely darling! Wish I could reach in to this screen and steal them!

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, these are really cute! Love the sentiment and the glittery fence! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lots of work went into those cards. Did a great job. Thanks for sharing in the blog hop.

Kathy said...

Love the winter and summer versions, very creative. All the sparkle on the winter card is fabulous!

Wendi said...

Fabulous creations I love them both
my fav is the winter scene I love the sparkle
Thank you so much for joining in Ooh La La chllenge
Wendi

Diane said...

Wow...alot of talent here...very pretty.....love both seasons....but the spring/summery one is so very cheerful as its soo gloomy here!!
dianegreghov@att.net

Betty Wright said...

WOW! What a wonderful set of scene cards, Shelly! The use of the flower soft and sparkle is sensational! Adorable and super cute! Lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow Shelly! These are sensational! Love that tree, and the fence is just wonderful too! Beautiful coloring! :D