Friday, January 29, 2010

Bloggers Challenge-Happy Birthday and Got Chocolate

 I am late this week for my Bloggers Challenge Post- Sorry- I have been having bad, very bad headaches, and just could not stamp yesterday or this AM.  I am so glad I feel good enough to stamp tonight, I had a blast with my card making!
  I used a new set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela called Got Chocolate.  This is a fun set and I can see using it all year long for Birthdays or a 'sweet note' to a friend!
 
The A-4 card is my Bloggers Challenge card-made for a Birthday. All Stampe FCD except for the Sentiment- it is SU SAB (Happy Moments).  The DSP is from the SU Occasions Mini-Oh La La this paper is so much better IRL than it is in the catalog!!!  I almost hate to use it........ The dounle sided satin ribbon is also new from SU- Love it!  I colored the image and all of the truffles in Copic markers. The sentiment tag is from the Heritage Cricut cartridge and I used DTP (direct to paper) to color it with Choc Chip SU ink.
This layout is from MoJo Monday- for the A-4 and for the circle card.  For the circle card, I cut out Choc Chip CS with the scalloped circle Nestability. I did cut through both layers-because I sewed the Lt side of the card- and the fold is just to the left of the ribbon on the left. The image is stamped on Georgia Pacific CS and colored with Copic markers. OK- all of the little truffles are cut out and applied to the margins with Tombo Mono Multi glue..... This little sweet card is for a friend that is a caterer and had us over for dinner recently- I needed a special card to send her and her husband.  The ribbon is SU.  Copic markers used for this project:
E000, E00, E25, E27, E29, E31, E33, E35, E37, R81, R83, R85 and "0". I used Choc Chip and Close to Cocoa SU markers as well for the tiny little areas...........
Challenges: 
MoJo Monday-Sketch
Flourishes: Pink (anything that starts with a P)
Pile it On-Warm wishes- send joy and happiness
Spoonful of Sugar: Freestyle
Crafty Creations-Celebrations (Birthday to you!)
Stamp Something-Delightfully Delicious
Papertake-Sketch (for the card below)
Creative Card Crew-Punch it (sentiment 'bite' below)
Practical Scrappers-Patterned paper
I had one more image and decided to make a card using the sketch challenge from Papertake (Tuesday challenge). I used the SU scallop oval punch for the bite out of the sentiment. BG is SU Choc Chip and the DSP is again from the SU Occasions mini.  The stamps are the same Got Chocolate set from FCD.  I could send this card to any member of my immediate family and it would be most appropriate.  My Dad is quite the cake baker- so I think I will send it to him (and my Mom)!
My favorite Chocolate is Milk Chocolate and Fannie May- or Dove Chocolates.
What is your favorite Chocolate or candy???


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

29 comments:

Chrissy D said...

YUMMY SHELLY! Love this SCRUMPTIOUS card! Great take on the MOJO Challenge!

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card and really yummy :)

Great list of combined challenges!

Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Hugs Tanja
(PIO DT)

Carrie said...

All 3 cards are so cute, I love the bite out of the one sentiment that was a nice touch. They look good enough to eat.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very cute Shelly! Love the little cuppies going all around the main image! Well done! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

These are two delicious cards! Wonderful job with the square/round challenge, too!

FireCracker082 said...

oh these Do look good enough to eat! you did a bang up job Shelly!! LOVE em

Kim Marie said...

Super yummy looking card! Give me chocolate ;)
Kim Marie

Kim Marie said...

That is to say...Fannie Farmer MINT CHOCOLATE!! Yummo!
Kim Marie

Connie Fossenier said...

oohhh yummy chocolate is just jumpimg off of your cards..my favorite color combo also.
connie paxman

Cassie_lu said...

great use of the sketches

Cindy said...

Shelly, These are all awesome!! The cupcakes look luscious!! Wonderful layouts!!!

jimlynn said...

These are just great! Love that circle card. So pretty.

Tracey said...

Hi Shelly, these look good enough to eat - gorgeous!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Christine said...

Great cute cupcake card!
Christine - Practical Scrappers

JazzyH said...

Yummy!

Audrey said...

What a yummy card! I love the border! That sentiment is so cute and so true! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Karen Howard said...

What yummy looking cards... makes we want to go bake something!!!

paige said...

fun cards and yummy color combo!

Unknown said...

These cards look good enough to eat!!! YUMMY!!!

Michelle said...

Got hungry just looking at your fab creations. Love the colors, images, everything about them.

Connie Babbert said...

It does look yummy! Great job with all your challenges this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute - love the small cupcakes as your borders!

Ursula said...

These look positively yummy, Shelly! I love the bite you took out of the phrase on the 3rd one; what a neat touch! :o)

tonistamps said...

They're both fantastic! Love the papers you used.

DeeDee said...

Sweet cards! *yummy*

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Hugs from Germany
DeeDee

Ida said...

Very Cute and yummy too! Hope your headaches have subsided.

Betty Wright said...

Shelly, this is terrific! Great design and I love the cut work detailing! Sweet card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

All these chocolate creations are making me hungry! They are positively yummy! I love pink and brown together! PS: Thanks you for all the kind comments you've been sending my way!

Sandie said...

Gorgeous!! They look good enough to eat. Beautiful colours and designs.

Thanks for joining us on Stamp Something this week :)