Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bloggers Challenge-Color Challenge

 I am a few hours late today....... For the bloggers challenge today (Friday), Challenge Mom Lisa Somerville gave us a color challenge- Pink, Brown and White.  As usual, I am making a card at the last minute.....I have a really good excuse this week though....I have had a killer headache, and had to get a shot in my neck yesterday- and am still on some muscle relaxants......and believe me- coloring while having taken them is quite the challenge.  (And I hope I do not look at these cards later and think AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!)
  OK- In order to see the Shimmerz on the heart, I took 2 pictures of each card.  I LOVE Pink and Brown- and have some Basic Grey DP that I have been Coveting......what a perfect use.......
We have a new Digi designer at Firecracker Designs by Pamela, and I just fell in love with this image immediately. I used the image from Cherish You and the Sentiment from Warm my Heart-both just released today.  I am getting together with my 'Sewing friends' next weekend, and have 6 cards to make- well here are two I will not be doing at the last minute!
  So, the image was printed from the computer, colored with Copic Markers -for the lighter card RV32 and RV34, and for the darker card, R46, R83 and R85.
  I painted Shimmerz on last-after coloring with the Copic markers- and for future reference- you cannot color with Copics on an image once it is painted with Shimmerz........so make sure you do all of your touch-ups first.
  I added some lace to the side panel and zig-zagged around all of the layers.
 I used the Sketch from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch challenge to get my MoJo started- it is wonderful! 
Challenges for this card:
Bloggers Challenge- see my sidebar for a link that will take you to other creative Pink/Brown and White cards- and there are quite a few SAB samples if that interests you........
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #56 -I love this sketch, and will use it again...........
Cupcake Craft-Going Girly
2 Red Banana's-Think Round- my 3rd card to meet this challenge this week!
ABC Challenge-layering
Charisma-Anything new-Digi just released, new lace
Polka Doodles-Love, Valentines, Anniversary or Wedding- this is my girlfriend valentine card version #1
Belli Challenge-anything that sparkles
Dancing in Pajama's-Glitter/Glitz
Practical Scrappers-Glitter
Tanda Stamps- Lace

  I am thinking I will put up a few tips about sewing on cards- is anyone interested in that??



Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

44 comments:

Carrie said...

Shelly I LOVE this card. Its so beautiful. Love the colors, the lace you added. Everything!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Love your layout...and that image is beautiful! {SMILES}

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Unknown said...

Each and every tip is GREATLY appreciated.... Love the layering on the cards...Can't wait for the tips!!

Tami Black said...

This card is so beautiful with all those fabulous layers and stitching details. I love the image as well -- definitely worth the wait!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Shelly, perfect for sending to a friend at Valentines :o)

Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
x

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Shelley! Hope you feel better soon!

Margaret Raburn said...

Shelly, your card is just beautiful! I'm impressed that you could do this while on headache meds! Beautiful coloring and such straight stitiching! Yes, I'd like to hear your tips on sewing on cards. Thanks!

Cassie_lu said...

the patterns work well to gether and i love the glitter

Chrissy D said...

This is a BEAUTY Shelly - love the sparkle. You sure knocked the ball out of the park with all of those challenges! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Kellie said...

Love the layers and sewing. As always its a wonderful card.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wowsers girly!! This is fabulous! Thank you so much for using my image!! Hugs, Melisa

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

Ida said...

This is really pretty. Great job on these cards, the shimmer looks fabulous.

Kathy said...

Hi Shelly, really hope you are feeling better after the shots. Hoping your headache is completely gone. Your cards are fantastic, love the shimmerz, such a pretty sparkle. I'd love to see your stitching on cards tips, I find it a bit hard, so any tips would be great. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow you've been busy! They are all great!
So glad you were able to join in.

shortywithastory said...

Love the cards - the shimmer is a great touch! Thanks so much for playing along at Practical scrappers!

Laura said...

Beautiful card.love the colors

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I love all the sewing you did!!

jimlynn said...

Love the cards! Just gorgeous. Like everythibg about them. So pretty.

paige said...

these are gorgeous!

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the embelishments and papers are definitely girly! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

FireCracker082 said...

oh Man, the layers in your cards are just fantastic! the sewing is SO awesome! I haven't sewn on my cards in ages, and my machine actually sits right out on my work table...lol...you've inspired me!

Gina Lindsay said...

Your card is very pretty. Sorry to hear abut your headache, I know that makes it hard to do anything creative.

Kris said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the shimmer!

Connie Fossenier said...

Lots of layers, and beautiful colors...I love the stitching you did...splendid job on this project.
connie paxman

Karen Howard said...

OMH, look at the layers on this card!!! I love it and the patterned papers you used! Another beautiful card!!!

loretta said...

Beautiful card!

Tasha said...

Gorgeous card - fab layout and papers
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Annie said...

Shelly, this is fantastic!!!!! Loving the colors and papers you used!

Cindy said...

SHelly, this card is just awesome!!
Love the colors and the sparkle!!

Julie said...

Beautiful valentine card! Would enjoy any tips about sewing on cards.
Julie SBS29

Anne said...

Wow these are gorgeous, hope you're feeling better by now

CarlaKH said...

this is sooo gorgeous! I love it! And I would love to try sewing on my cards but I haven't gotten brave enough yet!

Lisa Somerville said...

Just beautiful, love all the extra details!

Lisa Bohler said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE all of the stitching and the depth and richness of your card! The shimmer is fabulous, too! Hope you are completely better!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOWZERS -- your sewing is blowing me away!! Beautifuly done! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining in the Belli Challenge with your card!!!

Ronnie said...

simply STUNNING!!!! scs hugs, Ronnie

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous Valentine!!!! Such a beautiful image and your details are amazing!!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge111

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Absolutely beautiful Shelly! Hope your headache is better! :D

sue law said...

Thanks for joining in with our Lace Challenge this week Shelly. Your cards are beautiful and that sketch really works well!
Sue
x

Kerry said...

Lovely card and great papers.Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.