Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FCD Digital image for Birthday(s)

   I  have hit that half century mark, and so have my friends.  I need two more Birthday cards in the next two weeks- one for a woman and one for a gentleman friend.
 As you know, I am on a mission to use the Copic markers and improve my shading....I need lots of practice too- so I used another digital image in my 'to do' pile.  For the first card, I used the sketch from the MOJO Monday site.  It worked beautifully with the image and the '50'....... I really enjoy the challenges, as it really stretches me- and I try things I may not have thought of before....the card also meets a couple of other challenges as well.
Deets:
Digi Image: Firecracker Designs by Pamela, plus itty bitty BG's from SU
CS Old Olive and DSP from SU
ribbon SU, Dew Drops- colored with Copic Marker V15-challenge for the Copic Junkies Yahoo Group
Ink:Versamark, Black EP, SU scallop Punch, Nestability circle.
Copic markers used: C1, V06, V12, V15, G20, YG00, YG63,YG17, R20, Y11, Y13
 
Challenges-
MoJo Monday-sketch
Incy Wincy-Sweet Treats
Pink Elephant-Birthday
2 Red Banana's-think round-rounded corners and sentiment
Digital Tuesday-embossing-the #50 is embossed
Crazy 4 Challenges-Birthday
Charisma- Anything New-new DSP SU and new digi image

  Ok- for the next card- I used a Sketch challenge from Paper Take weekly and combined it with another-well, a few more......
  Two of the DSP are from SU- the bottom one and the one behind the main image- the top one I have no idea who makes it.  (3 DSP's used altogether).  Again I colored with Copics- with a few adjustments:
Copics: C1, RV25, RV34, RV17, RV29, Y17, YR18, G21, YG17, YG63, R20, V06, V12, V15
Believe it or not, I try to use Copics close in color to SU colors-since that is the paper I use- and I consulted the SU color chart to see what coordinated with Old Olive........ (More Mustard and Eggplant Envy).
  I colored white Prima's and buttons with Copics to coordinate- my first time trying this........  I sponged on a touch of the eggplant on the edges of the white and that softened the look a bit. Birthday sentiment is embossed and is up on dimensionals.


Again, I participated in a number of challenges- and I have to say I am glad I did, because I really like the sketch and it was fun to color the flowers and buttons- another first for me.
Paper Take Weekly-Sketch
Digital Tuesday-Embossing-sentiment
A Spoonful of Sugar-3 DSP, 1 ribbon, 3 flowers, 3 buttons
Pink Elephant-Birthday
Incy Wincy-Sweet Treats
Crazy 4 Challenges-Birthday
Charisma-Anything New- DSP  and image are new
Dare U 2 Digi-Buttons

Whew- oh- I also wanted to share a gorgeous 1-4-1 Technique Junkies swap card from Vaudene- a very talented stamper.  She used the Burnished Background Technique- it is just gorgeous!!!

My next day off, I am going to work to attempt to make her a card worthy of mailing to her......!!!








If you did not comment on my previous post for BLOG CANDY- well, you have until Friday to win!!!
Here is the link to the post

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shelly

40 comments:

Vicki said...

Wonderful cards, Shelly! Your coloring is awesome! I admire those of you who understand all the shading and blending! Blessings to you!

Carrie said...

Shelly both your frog cards are just too cute. Great job on the coloring.

Mary G. said...

Great collection of cards! Gotta love that frog, though!! Very nice job!! TFS!

Annie said...

Shelly,
these are all so beautiful!!!!! I love your coloring - looks great.

mueppi said...

Your cards are gorgeous!
I love the first one!!!
Hugs Gisela

Anne said...

What fun images and you've done so well with your Copics, are you enjoying using them? What an awesome card you received, thanks for sharing

Ronnie said...

LOve the card, and colors....Glitterbee hugs sent your way.Ronnie

Cheryl said...

Very nice cards - they should all love them.

Teresa said...

What a cute frog. Like that first one with the 50 in the circle. It really pops.

Juliet A said...

The frog with the party hat is so ridiculous, it's cute. I can't tell which one you intend to give to a man, but they are both cute. The leaves card is very elegant.

Kathy said...

Love both of those frog cards, so cute. Your colorinig looks great and I love the bright cheerful colors.

jimlynn said...

LOVE that frog! Such a cute image and your cards are great. I think you're doing wonderful on useing the Copics.

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous cards loving your design and colours and the frog is really a beauty love the embossing and thank you so much for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

FireCracker082 said...

I love your froggie cards!! great sketch, love the coloring, and the bg papers rock!

Cassie_lu said...

great cards. i think the leaf one is my fav

cheryl said...

oh love the cupcake what a cute frog you have put on there so different too love the second card too wonderful design bless you for joining us at incy designs this week hugs cheryl xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your talent. I am still new to the stamping world. I am amazed at all the things out there for stamping. Your cards are really cute! I'm going to check out more digi designs for stamping! Thanks for the link!

Donna Moore said...

Your froggies are adorable! I love your coloring, if and when I ever get any copics I will be asking for your help!!

Unknown said...

Shelly, I just love that frog...Great use of an image for two different kinds of cards...

Annie said...

great fun cards - love them - thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Chrissy D said...

Shelly - this is soooo cute! Love the fun birthday colors!

Renee said...

Cute frogs! Love your cards!

Jill said...

beautiful cards Shelly I love the cute frog image and the papers/colours are gorgeous thanks for joining us at ptw hugs Jill xx

Maria Matter said...

more fabulous cards Shelly! your coloring is wonderful!!1
blessings, Maria

Karen Howard said...

Cute cards... love the frog/cupcake digi image! The bright colors go really well with that frog!

Grace said...

Wow! These are so cute! I think your copic skills are great! Love this digi image and your big 50!

Caroline said...

Great Cards Shelly
Thanks for joining our Dare xx

Chris said...

Great cards Shelly! A very cute image and lovely colouring too. The coloured buttons look wonderful, isn't it great what you can do with copics :D. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hey chick! I love what you did with the digi!! Too cute! Have a great week!

Silli said...

Shelly, your cards are so pretty, I love your coloring!!! Big hugs Silke

linda said...

Lovely cards! I love all the green, so lush!

Anonymous said...

Such adorable creations Shelly!! I love that froggie creation!! He makes me smile!! :) You've got some really beautiful colors going on here!! Thanks for stopping by!! HUGS

Tasha said...

Wonderful cards love the froggies! totally cute
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

your coloring is great! all of these cards are adorable! lovin that frog!!!! TFS

Cindy said...

Great cards!! The frog is very cute!!
Your coloring and layouts are fabulous!

Laura said...

Hello shelly,love your cards.the image is really cute.TFS

Larissa said...

Great cards with very lovely images! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Leanne said...

Cute!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Allison said...

lovely cards
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.