Monday, January 4, 2010

Digi Freebie Challenge


I came across a blog called Delightful Inspirations about a month ago that offers a free Digital Image and if you play in the challenge to upload a card with that image for that week- then you get another free digital image for the following week.  I thought it would be a great way to work on my Copic coloring, so I have been playing along- it sure is fun! 
This week, I also wanted to do the MoJo Monday challenge- by the skin of my teeth at the very last minute I finished two cards.  I used this weeks digital image from Delightful Inspirations-we had a choice of two and I chose the snowman- because I am also challenging myself to make 5 Christmas Cards a month........  I love a challenge and have recently discovered Challenge blogs......
Now, if you have any interest or desire to make Holiday cards all year long, the two challenges I am going to try to keep up with are Christmas Cards all year long and Winter Wonderland.  We'll see how long I last......I would really love to avoid the last minute stamping of Holiday cards when I have so much else to do again next year...........
I used Basic Grey paper Figgy Pudding for my card.  I had to stitch it on my sewing machine to match the great stitching on the image.  I watercolored the snowman using Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Groovy Guava and Pomegranate with a touch of Close to Cocoa by her twigs.  I also used a clear challenge from Pile it on (a digi image is also a challenge from Pile it on-#29 and the clear challenge is #30)  and punched 2 acetate snowflakes, added stickles and a clear dew drop in the center.  2 down, 98 to go!!!
Oh- if you decide to give this digi image challenge a go- please mention I sent you- I will get a free digi image- she has one of a praying angel I would love to have!
Challenges this card qualifies for:
Delightful Inspirations- use this digi image
Pile it on #29 and #30-digi and clear
Christmas Cards all Year Long- any Christmas Card 2 of 5 for me for the month
Corrosive Challenge-Use 2 of your favorite embellishments (stickles/glitter and dew drops)
Inky Impressions-use glitter
Creative Card Crew-anything goes


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

22 comments:

Carrie said...

Great job with the mojo sketch. Super cute image and what a fun winter card. Love the papers too.

Crystal said...

AWWW this is sooo cute and FANTASTIC!!!! What a darling snowman and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions

Joanne Gilch said...

Cute card. I am not into coloring, yet! I would have to start a whole new project: stamps, storage, markers, etc. Maybe later, but can enjoy your learning process in the mean time.sbs1o29

Cheryl said...

Great job! I love this snowman.

Renee said...

Super cute card! I love the digi image and layout!

jimlynn said...

Such a cute card! Love that snowflake. Clever idea.

Kathy said...

Adorable Shelly, I love the acetate snowflakes. I'm trying to do a Christmas card once a week to avoid the crunch. Let's encourage each other to stick with it!

Kellie said...

Love the digital image and your coloring looks excellent. Very cute.

Chris (catt871) said...

This is a GREAT card!!! I love the papers!!!!! THANKS for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge blog!!!

Faith S. said...

BEAUTIFUL!! What a great idea for the snowflakes!! Way to go getting started on your Christmas cards for next year! Your zigzag around the circle is perfect! WOW!

CarlaKH said...

super job! I love anything with basic grey in it!

Chrissy D said...

FUN CARD! I will have to work on the Mojo sketch tomorrow. All done stamping for day! :) I might even have to pay attention to my laundry tomorrow. :( LOL

Lela said...

Shelly your card is SO cute! The stitching is wow! I like your snowman! Good Luck w/ your Christmas Card All Year Challenge

Anne said...

Adorable image and I love the way you've coloured it!

mueppi said...

Your card is so wonderful, Shelly!
Hugs Gisela

Liz Weber said...

Hi Shelly, love your gorgeous snowman card - you did a great job on that image! So glad you are going to join in the fun with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round! This card is a fab start to the Christmas Card stash!

Amanda said...

Really nice job with this sketch. Great card.

Glitterbee love!

loretta said...

LOVe your craft area, this card is so adorable!

Karen Howard said...

Love this digi image!!! I will have to check out Delightful Inspiration and play along!

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful!

Lesley said...

Too cute! Thanks for joining in the CCAYR challenge!

Juliet A said...

I will make sure I friend you when I take the challenge.