Saturday, July 16, 2022

DTGT day 1

It's that time of the year at Splitcoast- time for Dare to Get Dirty , aka DTGD

I made cards for a few of the challenges today


The first challenge is a type of crayon resist.  I used gold metallic crayon.  I made this for a swap in the AboutOrientalArt challenge group for a card and a bookmark. I really love how this came out- the gold is shimmery IRL!


The 2nd challenge was an inspiration challenge- complete with a birds nest.... I ran with that and all of the colors listed with added green.....  
 I am going to enter this, last minute, in the House Mouse and Friends Summer challenge : )  We have been seeing alot of finches in the backyard- red and yellow, so made this bird a finch : )
  I am entering this in the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge- Summer or AG

Next is Ann's challenge for watercolor backgrounds. 

I kinda overworked my watercolors- I still love this card!  The die cuts all Cheery Lynn Designs.  The sentiment TH sentiment strips. The greenery dies are CC designs. 

Finally, my challenge is a shaker using a cello bag and sequins.  I love how easy these cards are- so fun!



Image is Unity- colored using Copics. 

and 


Using a Dieversions diecut nativity set. 

Pop on over to Splitcoaststampers- the Dare to Get Dirty challenge is open to EVERYONE this year!  It is the 15th Anniversary- lots of fun prizes to be won!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

Christine said...

Super cute mousey card sweet image great colours thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC
Mousey hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

I love how the mice interact with all their various friends. Your beautifully colored scene is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous set of cards Shelly :-) all of them are fabulous and I love the little mouse with his bird friend, very cute :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

So many amazing cards! Well done, Shelly!