Thursday, July 7, 2022

Crafters of Faith July 2022

The Crafters of Faith challenge at Splitcoaststampers Hostess for July is Jeanette (aka Avatar- Forest Ranger) :  Ecclesiastes 3:11a He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Challenge: In this month of July, create a card that shows something that is beautiful in/about the summer months. The second part of the verse says "He has put eternity into man's heart" so it would be wonderful if you would also include a heart on your card.


 I found this image in a thrift store... I bought it, stamped it then re-donated it. The proceeds from this thrift store go to literacy and reading for kids!  Plus, I did not have much room in my suitcase!
The image is Sweet Visit by Penny Black. 
I began bird watching when my mother lived with me.  She had dementia.  A friend who was also a caregiver and I started going for walks with her. She was a caregiver for her husband- he had amyloidosis of his heart and is the longest surviving patient in the world with this condition.  He has passed and my mother has passed. But, I continue to look for the birds and love their beauty and the memories they bring to mind are of God's creatures.  They have always been here- even when I was not looking for them. 
 I added a heart I punched out, and when I stenciled the sky using The Colorful Life clouds stencil, I added a couple of hearts in the sky as well.

  
Challenges TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great thrift store find that stamp was, and you have used it beautifully on this gorgeous card Shelly - and thank you for sharing that sweet snippet about your mother and friend, and watching the birds
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your card is such a beauty! I love the stamp you used - great find at the thrift store!

*Vicki* said...

What a beautiful thing to do with the thrift store stamp! Really love the circle of giving and your card turned out beautifully with it too! Love the colors!

Barb said...

This is so pretty--it is a perfect card for the challenge this month!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card Shelly and love the back story.