Saturday, August 14, 2021

Alcohol and Stamping

I had fun with a technique I found on the internet using Copic (or Alcohol ink) markers and 91% running alcohol.  I experimented with different markers, different strength of Isopropol alcohol and even hand sanitizer.  Here is what I came up with:

 This background is what the technique is supposed to look like- and I love this!  After the alcohol blends the ink, wink of Stella is splattered on- oh my- so pretty!  Then splatters of the AI added. 


This is on a sheet of Vellum run through an EF : ) The EF is SU and the sentiment is SweetnSassy stamps. 


 Another EF- this stamp set is Sunny Studios.  I love this sweet image and coordinating sentiment!


 

Another EF- Sharpie markers were used on this one, and the sentiment was in my stash.

Finally, I initially threw this in the garbage....  The technique did not work so well when I used this Bic marker. But, I decided it was OK.....  This sentiment uses a diecut from MFT. 

My favorite cards are created using techniques, as that is how I learned to stamp!  Back in the day, we did not have Splitcoast Tutorials or Gina K stamp TV : )


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

Chris said...

These look amazing Shelly, it's always good to try new techniques and you have some wonderful results here, all of the cards are gorgeous!
xx

Michele said...

you are so good at trying new techniques and mastering them! well done! thanks for stopping by my blog, i appreciate you! xo

Tammy said...

WOW Shelly these cards are gorgeous! What a fabulous technique with a beautiful results, I think my favorite is the first one, love the purple & green colors!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous work Shelly - loving that first one, and the others are also beautiful too. I saw at least two EF that I also own :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I still need to pull out my alcohol inks and give this a try! Such pretty, pretty cards, Shelly!!

*Vicki* said...

Holy cow you've been so busy Shelly! These are ALL fantastic! I love that alcohol marker background! The colors are my fave! You're so good at doing these different techniques and it looks like you had a blast just playing around with it all! You've reminded me of many things I had forgotten about doing!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

I love how adventurous you always are. I learn so much from your posts now I just have to try them. All these cards look fantastic to me!