Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Ink and Paper and a couple of challenges

A little paper crafting fun was had today and I used challenges at Splitcoast for prompts for cardmaking. 


For the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers, the colors are Fresh Freesia, Parakeet Party and Calypso Coral.  The 'dessert' is Spring.  The stamp I used is called Field of Poppies from Rubbernecker. I used a combo of SU markers and Copics. 


Next, I used the sketch challenge at Newtons Nook. The DP is from my stash and also Newtons Nook. I used a sweet image and die that the company gave us at the No Foolin Retreat in Wisconsin recently.  Copics were used for coloring this sweet image. 

Challenges:



Finally, the Teapot Tuesday challenge at SCS was to made cards for a stampers father who is turning 80!  He likes to watch TV and golf is one thing he enjoys watching.  Also- he likes blue.  Since he is in his 8th decade, we used Octagons on our cards. The Octagon stamps are from Tonic Studios.  The golfer and sentiment images are from A Muse Artstamps.  I used Distress Inks for the background. 

Fun day and my fingers are a shade of blue : )  

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Shelly - love the floral one, and that blue is fabulous, well done on all the elements you incorporated
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these look great - and I spy some stamps from our SWAG bag. Fun!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Shelly though all 3 are great I think I love the Poppy one the best. It is so lovely.

Carol W said...

She!ly all 3 cards are amazing. I do recognize some of those images.LOL☺ You did a great job on these.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Adorable take on the sketch, Shelly! I love the way you created your scene for the kitty with the papers! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

2sistersproject said...

What a cute take on the sketch. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

Indy's Designs said...

What a fun take on the Inky Paws Challenge sketch! Love the little kitty enjoying a windy day! (Makes me laugh as my little fur ball would be high-tailing back inside if it was windy!) Thanks for sharing with us at IPC!
Hugs,
Debbie