Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy St Patrick's Day and more

 I had to ink up this St Patrick's Day House Mouse image : )   In Ireland, that would be St Paddy's Day.....



For the House Mouse and Friends challenge, they want us to make our own backgrounds. Out came the Distress inks, and Lucky Clover and Rustic Wilderness. I had a small shamrock punch, and I inked on DI thru that to make the pattern in the background.  Next, I splattered on droplets of water. I love the shade of green and its perfect for the Day!  The image is colored with Copic markers. I had to add a touch of shimmery Gold cardstock too. The sentiment is by CC Designs. 




I dug into my drawer of Washi tape and grabbed some black and white colors.  I added them to cardstock, as you can see, in a diagonal pattern.  For the alpha challenge, our challenge was R=ride, so I grabbed the bike Washi and added it in the mix.  I die cut this bike by Die-Versions three times. I colored using Copics and thought red would just pop- and it does : )  Nothing says Spring like Tulips and a bike ride!  The sentiment is by Graciellie Designs. 

Have a great day- hope you can enjoy some Corned Beef and Cabbage- if you live in the states!  I know in Ireland people do not eat these 2 together!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous pair of cards Shelly. Love the touch of gold with the green, and that is one wonderful sentiment. The bike card looks so fresh and spring like
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a sweet and beautiful mousie card Shelley your other cards are looking great too
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member


Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your cards are so fun - each one perfect.

Bunny said...

Your background is beautiful and what a cute HM image. Love that sentiment. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

April said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love how you made the background on the House Mouse card. The touches of gold look great too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my I'm so loving the way your green background turned out on the top card! Very cool look with the clovers too! I love those darling HM stamps! Really fun background on your second card too with the bike dies! Super fun inspiration my friend!

Sue said...

What a fun card for St. Patricks Day! Beautiful background and coloring. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Carol W said...

Wow these cards are both amazing.

Christine said...

Adorable mousey image super colouring great design

Thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC

mousey hugs Christine xx

Mia said...

Both beautiful cards, Shelly! But I LOVE the card with the HM stamp!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}