Friday, December 11, 2020

 I wanted to give the Technique challenge at Splitcoaststampers a try this week- it is posted on Mondays of each week.  I had a holiday card to make, so was happy to get it completed as well.  


 This was a little messy, but I loved doing it : )  First, Gesso is applied to the cardstock, and once dried the images by Gina K were stamped on the background. I did heat set the images just to be safe, then applied Gesso again in a random pattern- not all of the card is covered. Next, a layer of a shimmery/metallic paint is added- I brushed it on in both directions, it can be rubbed in using a circular motion- all up to you.  Finally, we were to add modeling paste thru a stencil.  I used the waste from the die cut Gina Marie snowflake die cuts for my stencil, and I used white paste thru it. The sentiment was added and the Silver deer added.  

HERE is a link to the Tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.

The deer die is Sweet Stamps, the snowflakes die Gina Marie.  Stamps are Gina K Designs. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Shelly

6 comments:

Chris said...

Your background looks gorgeous, love the deer die cut too! It's great to try a new technique.
xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card looks fabulous, Shelly!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card, I'm liking your technique a lot!
I have been bad, bad, bad about getting around to blogs but it seems like there's so much out there with all the Facebook groups, Instagram and other social media.
It's a great way to spend some time though, sitting and drinking my coffee while scrolling through pages of beautiful projects.

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Shelly, I love that background and that elegant deer die!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Shelly! I love that background and the deer is so elegant looking with the silver!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a gorgeous background for this elegant deer1 Wonderful card, Shelly