Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Let's Chill

I challenged myself to make a CAS card yesterday- not my usual style and so HARD!!!  I also wanted to try the technique from Virtual Stamp night (Splitcoaststampers) to add a shadow to my card from the image.  


Thsi image is by Power Poppy and is colored using Copic markers. The 110# cardstock is inked using Soft Sky and a light touch of Marina Mist SU inks. I spritzed with DYlusions shimmer spray, and that made it all run and gave it a watercolor effect. I added more ink to the areas that needed it.  The three trees (Newton's Nook) are stamped using Wild Wasabi ink (SU) and stamped off once so it would give a more muted look. Snowflakes were added from Gina Marie, and the Slimline die is also Gina Marie. 

Have a great day- we had snow flurries this morning, but not enough to amount to anything!  
Only 9 days until Christmas!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, you did a great job, challenging yourself to do something different than your norm. And what a fun shadow of the adorable snowman. Cute card!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great slimline design, Shelly!! I love the shadow under this delightful snowman!