Sunday, October 4, 2020

World Cardmaking Day

I was able to steal away a little time in my craft room today and celebrate World Cardmaking Day!  


 As of late, I have been getting my creative 'prompts' from challenges at SCS.  I combined 2 challenges today- one is a Christmas card color challenge open for Fan Club members.  The other was the Free for all Challenge- asking for a Stenciled, Sparkly and Shiny card. 
 I have 2 containers of Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, so popped open a multicolor gold and went to town.
  I cut out the nativity die from Die-Versions and have applied double sided sticky tape to both sides.  The gilding flakes were applies and burnished.  I added Glue through a Sizzix stencil and added some gold dots to the top, and then after cleaning the die, went over the entire black card using a metallic silver ink. 
 I drew and cut out the gold star, and added the sentiment from Sizzix Alterations using the same method as the above die.  
 I added a very thin strip of black shimmery Washi at the top and at the base of the card. 

 I may have to make a few more like this, I am loving this look- so much prettier IRL!!!

Challenges- TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

Barb said...

so pretty--I love the sparkle!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Shelly - it must look amazing IRL!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

*Vicki* said...

So stunning Shelly! Love your design and I'm sure it sparkles stunningly!!! :) Thanks for the reminder as I tend to forget to share my makes to the gallery sometimes. I'm getting forgetful anymore! LOL!

Lynn McAuley said...

So very beautiful, Shelly! What an elegant Christmas card!