Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Gelato's and Texture Paste

Mixed Media is something I like to dabble with, and had a bit of fun trying a couple of challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  

 I have an art journal which only has 2 pages done and one is dated 2014......  I guess the only way to learn is to try, right???  This page used Gelatos for color and has added texture with texture paste.  I used napkins aka the bird and the music notes.  I tried rub-ons- which did not work too well, so I colored in the partial birds using a pen. Pitt pen in white and marker for doodling. I also added in some washi paper....  I did learn how to layer-carefully- over gelato's using Gel medium.......


 While the theme of the 1st page was texture paste, I used it on this page as well.  The theme here is gelato's.  The go on and blend smoothly if you use Gesso on the page first. Since the texture paste was still on my desk, I mixed in Gelato's with the texture paste and it was fun to have the added color over the Gelato's color.  I added the stenciled flowers also using Gelato's.  

This was fun and I hope to keep this up and use more of the supplies I have on my shelves!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

So pretty and creative!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Shelly! I'm so excited to see you doing some AJ pages! I haven't done one in a very long time either and I really love it because it's a fun way to pull out things I don't hardly use! Your pages look brilliant with that backgrounds! I love it and hope you continue! HUGS

Carol W said...

Wow Shelly great job with this. I need to learn how to use Gelato. I've just dabbled in it but not enough to be any good at it at all...great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use of the the gelatos Shelly - love your pages
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I really struggle with mixed-media! These are gorgeous!! Awesome work, Shelly!