Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Challenge #4- Focus on Text and Bloggers challenge-punches

This is a card I made for two challenges this week.
The sweet Dreamers Blog Group on SCS has a challenge to focus on words on a card- the sentiment is the main focus here.
The Bloggers Challenge focus is on punches. I made an all Stampin Up card using the 'Always' set and DP called Cottage Wall. I am DP challenged, so I was thrilled by this card. The size of the card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2

The CS is Razzleberry. I cut the DP just a pinch smaller than the Razzleberry layer, cut it in 1/2 (the stripes are on the opposite side of the flowers). I cut the stripes in 1/2 again and scallop punched the edges. The ribbon is razzleberry, and the dotted side is face down. I gathered it and used the sewing machine to apply it. The oval has DP that has been put through a crimper, the gathers tighened up by pinching them closer, and then gathering it around the edges of the oval- it is glued with Tombo Multi Mono. I have an oval on each side of this gathered DP. I stamped the sentiment from Always and pierced the edges prior to adding the oval to the 2nd side. I lightly sponged Razzleberry around the edge of the oval.

Thanks for looking!
Shelly

20 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Love this card and really love the rich colors...
connie paxman

Sande said...

Very pretty...love the colors.

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love the colors you chose! {sMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

I'm so glad you are apart of the BC group!

Love the ruffles around the oval and the piercing that you added looks GREAT, too!

Heidi said...

great combination of the two!

Anonymous said...

really gorgeous card - i just love the razzleberry!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great combination of challenges, love the colors!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great combination of challenge, love your choice of papers.

Ida said...

How pretty! I love how you did your sentiment with the ruffle around the oval.

Kathy said...

Very pretty card, the ribbon treatment is fantastic, love the stitched and pleated look. Great card.

paige said...

The scalloped edges and the ruffled ribbon turn this great card into an outstanding card!

Vicki said...

Great challenge card, Shelly! Beautiful rich color! Awesome job! Blessings to you!

Basement Stamper said...

I love the oval center and how you did the crimping and I've been wanting to try the cute ribbon treatment so might to have at that tomorrow night.

CarlaKH said...

love it! I love the ribbon and the pleated look too!

Mary G. said...

Great job with the challenge!

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty, love your fun folded flower

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful take on the challenge

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with the challenge!

Karli said...

love the look of the pleated ribbon! Great job on the challenges :)

Unknown said...

Very cute - love the ribbon treatment and the ruffled edge on the greeting. Great job!