Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ai Foil for the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS


I love to try to make a card to CASE the Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers each Sunday....does not always happen, but I love it when it does!

This Sunday, the Featured Stamper is joanne or jojot. I picked this card from her gallery- and then was to change three things. First, no DP- I made a BG called Ai Foil from the TJ newsletter. No punches in the corners, no pearls or brads- just added piercing. I colored the image with Copic markers- the image is a free digi download from this site (If you have trouble finding it- look around July 24-27th) and I originally found it on SCS when another papercrafter uploaded a card using it. I need alot of practice with the digi images to figure out how to resize them and make them larger or smaller.
The last time we needed new printer ink. I went to a 'cartridge refill' store. The color of the printing has a green hue to it after I print an image or two, so it is hard to also figure out how to not print in the middle of a page when I print just one or two images.....- lots to learn....but I guess I have a lot to learn to catch up with modern technology.
One more thing I found this morning while looking for digital image info this post on Free Vintage Digital images every Tuesday Now these look outstanding, don't they???

I would love to know what sites or sources you use for digital images!

Thanks for stopping by,
Shelly

PS I am going to send this card to my Technique Junkie swap card partner for August. We have a Just One swap, where we have a partner and I send her a card and she sends me one. It is optional and I would guess about 40-50 ladies participate each month. It is a fun way to see not only beautiful cards, but have a first hand look at techniques from the TJ newsletter. Oh, if you are interested or curious, Here is a link for the site- if you go there and get hooked...don't blame me!!

7 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Gorgeous card. That AI foil background is just fantastic.

Kathy said...

Love the background technique. Beautiful card, the colors are so pretty, too.

Unknown said...

AWESOME! Love the colors and background...the whole card actually!

Vicki said...

Stunning card! Awesome BG and coloring! And thanks for the Digi site info! Blessings to you!

paige said...

This is a tremendous card!

Mary G. said...

WOW! I don't know what else to say!!! How about FABULOUS!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the background and the image is beautifully colored.