Monday, August 3, 2009

Blogger challenge #1 and CAS26 (from SCS)


Well, I am back and running! I have been doing laundry and grocery shopping and catching up.......from a very relaxing week away in Kentucky.
I spent the day making some TJ backgrounds to finish later, and also a challenge card for the Sweet Dreamers Blog Challenge Group. I think the CAS cards are very hard!

Here is my card for both challenges. It tells a few things about me- I love anything to do with needlework- even though I do not do too much anymore- I love Smocking and embroidery. I am a member of the Smocking Arts Guild of America, and in the past attended a number of yearly conventions around the US- I met so many fun friends too! I also LOVE Pink- any shade is good (well, maybe not neon pink.....). I also LOVE Blue. I generally craft using Technique Junkies techniques for my cards- and it is refreshing to make a 'plain' card every now and then......... My prior post has the directions to make the flowers like the one on my card- it is double tiered. I made a chain of 12 stitches for the leaves. The flower is DMC 3805, the leaves DMC 469. I made a border along the edge by making a length of chain stitches, and did the following in every other stitch:
single crochet, double crochet, single crochet. I sewed it onto the card with coordinating thread.

Thanks for looking! Thanks for stopping by.

Shelly

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful job, Shelly! Love the crochet! Blessings to you!

Mary G. said...

Great job, Shelly!! LOVE the crocheted flower!!

Sande said...

Vicki
I love your card...very pretty colors. I use to crotch all the time but haven't done so in years. Maybe it's time to pull out my threads and do a few flowers.

Kathy said...

Love the crocheted flower. Really great job with two challenges.

Cassie_lu said...

great job on the challenge and showcasing the flower

paige said...

The crocheting is a fun addition to your pretty card! You did the CAS very well!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww I love this hun!! Love the flower you made, that is sooo pretty!!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful challenge card with all of us!!! And of course a little about yourself tooo:)

Hugs to you,
Cheryl