Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Blog Group Challenge # 3- grid


I am busy making ATC's for a Flourishes swap- and I decided to just make more so I can send some to Juliet A for the Technique Junkies ATC Technique Swap. (I made 18 of these in all). I join the TJ swap to get samples of techniques by others- and it is a nice way to see techniques I may or may not have tried. Deb Lovett put it nicely- the ATC cards are like having a little autograph book that other stampers sign- with their creativity (OK, not an exact quote.....).

Not an easy BG to photograph- more vibrant IRL....BG is Faux Sanding and the SU paper is retired Rose Romance-one of my all time favorite colors! I used the Scor Pal to make a grid around the outside edges, then took a Sakura Jelly Roll Pen and wrote over the scored line to get some sparkle. The Flourished Sweet Peas are colored with Copics RV00, R81, R83 (I cut out the 5 flowers and glued them over a black stamped image- am I crazy or what???) and I ended up using Green Galore to color in the greenery on the ATC. I added 5/8" sheer organdy in White to finish off the ATC. Now, to get them in the mail!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

11 comments:

Juliet A said...

This is gorgeous! bet it is even better in real life!

paige said...

Beautiful challenge card!

Mary G. said...

Nice job~

Cindy said...

Very, very pretty!! Love the colors!~

Deb said...

I love this card! The color combo and the way you combined the image and softeness to it just makes it perfect. I am sure it is better in real life..B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!

Karli said...

Shelly, this is beautiful! I would love to get this at a swap- or anytime, really :)

Kathy said...

Lovely ATC, you put so much work into each one, cutting out the flowers. Really beautiful. Love the colors, too.

Jenn Embry said...

Very pretty. I love the colors & the softness of it. I don't think you're crazy for cutting out all of those flowers. But then again, I've been known to do the same thing!

Maggie said...

It's so soft and elegant...nicely done!

CarlaKH said...

what a nice card- love the papers you used!

Anonymous said...

good heavens this is gorgeous!!