Saturday, April 27, 2024

Rediscovery IG Hop

I joined in an Instagram Hop to rediscover supplies...  and our theme is Sympathy and/or One layer cards. I made one of each......

My sympathy card uses a newer set from Altenew, but the sentiment set is Gina K/Unity which has been sitting lonely in my stash for ages!


I used the stamp, then used the stencil to brush in the images.  I used Copics to fine tune the edges.  I do not enjoy making Sympathy cards, but seem to need them more and more lately.......

Next, I did a one-layer card.  The postage rates have increased so much if there are any embellishments on cards, aka lumps or bumps.....  so, we aim to minimize......


This sweet image is by Impression Obsession.  Both of my sisters are huge gardeners....  I am not as I have pretty bad allergies!  My husband is out green thumb : ) 
This image is colored on heavy cardstock using Copics and Distress Oxide inks. There is Wink of Stella on the bee. How sweet is this!  

Challenges TBA


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Two gorgeous cards Shelly - yes, postage is rapidly becoming an issue here also. I find that if I fold the card 'inside out' with very thin packing between the front and back, it preserves the embellishments, and keeps the envelope flat...
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these two cards are perfect! Your talent is such an inspiration!