Saturday, July 3, 2021

Inlaid die cuts

For the Alpha challenge, we were challenged to make a card using Inlaid die cuts.  I have chosen a die cut that I have not used before.....  



And, the inverse, 


 I found a technique sheet in my stash, and a red cardstock that would coordinate.  I placed 2.5" double sided tape on the reverse of each and die cut them, then filled in all of the pieces- yep, there were lots of pieces.  I am pleased with how they came out : )  
  I used sentiment embellishments so as not to cover up much of the base of the cards. I really like how they came out. This is a fun technique- if you have not tried it, I recommend it!  Although, maybe a less intricate die cut for starters would be better!
 The first card features a Hero Arts stamp and die set, and the 2nd Sweet n Sassy sentiment. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this is gorgeous! Love the rich vibrant color!

Jennifrann said...

So. many. pieces. But it came out awesome! And a twofer. That's my style. Fabulous, Shelly!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - stunning card Shelly - love it!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

These cards are stunning.

Lynn McAuley said...

These are so gorgeous, Shelly!! I love the die and colors you have used on these exquisite inlaid cards!!