Friday, January 22, 2021

Art Journal challenge

I saw an Art Journal challenge for this week given by Marjie Kemper and had to sign up!  It is a basic Mixed Media journal, but I have all of the supplies I need to join and the price was right : )



 I found a sheet of bird images by Crafty Secrets in my stash and will use them as the theme of my journal.  The journal will be a sampling of techniques for me.  The background is Distress paints onto a brown paper bag. The punch at the bottom of the page is MS and the stamps are Technique Junkies. 



 This next page is a page from an old dictionary with added Distress inks. The bird is Crafty Secrets and the die cuts are from Ellenatinas and a sentiment by Technique Junkies. 




 I made this page using Distress Oxide Spray inks, added some acrylic paint for the circles and splashed with water. There is a strip of Washi tape at the bottom of the panel.  The middle image is from Crafty Secrets. The top and bottom are stamps from Technique Junkies and colored using Copics. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful pages Shelly - I love that you have kept to a theme, it brings a lot of cohesion to your journal while trying all the different techniques
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

These look great, Shelly! The colors are so rich and beautiful and the mixed media look is fabulous!

Lisa Lynn said...

Those journal pages are gorgeous.

Lola said...

Very pretty and so artsy! I love this type of art but shy away since it takes more "free" creativity than I can muster.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these amazing creations with your wonderful birds, Shelly!! What stunning journal pages!!