Thursday, January 28, 2021

A few challenge cards

Well, apparently I am not keeping up with blogging this week!  My stamping is charged by challenges at Splitcoaststampers again this week : )


 For the color challenge, I made this card- the colors were Daffodil Delight and 2 grays from SU.  I did my best to match colors.... the DSP is from a retired SU pack from the doilies era...  and the image Graciellie Designs. I colored the image with Copics. 




 For the Teapot Tuesday challenge- actually from the 1/19 challenge, a card heading to a gentleman that lost his wife and mother to Covid in a short period of time.  We headed to the Orient- and I have this Washi paper from China and a dragon die (getting close to Chinese New Year.....).  




This card is for the Alpha challenge O=ocean  I used a piece of card that I used UNDER an art journal page, and added Distress inks over the blobs of blue and brown....  I stenciled Blue Distress Inks over that background, then added the image from Technique Junkies.  The image is colored using Copics. The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamps.  

 See there, I have been creating  : )   I am sorry to be slow to get to blogs- I was asked to be on the Dirty Dozen DT at Splitcoast, and have been busy creating behind the scenes.  You have to be in the fan club to see what we create at SCS.....  

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your three challenge cards are so pretty. I'm especially loving the color combination one - fabulous colors for the image you chose to use!

Donna said...

Awesome cards, Shelly! Love the color combination on the color challenge. You do oriental cards so well! The ocean paper with the boat is awesome! Hope you are well. We got our first significant snowfall yesterday afternoon and evening. Everything closed here today. Tom wants to head to Florida. LOL! Stay safe.

Lynn McAuley said...

Each one a vibrant beauty, Shelly!! Two of my personal favorite themes - coffee and ocean! Oriental cards are my favorite theme of yours because you always do it so beautifully!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your cards are so pretty. Well done. I had to chuckle about the doilies era, although I really liked that era. Hah. hope you are doing very well.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Shelly - - love your coffee one, and the last one with the ocean background is absolutely amazing - that is one very creative background!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine