Saturday, January 27, 2024

IG Blog Hop

I am participating in an IG Blog hop beginning today called The Monthly Discovery Hop.  We have challenges- for this month:  'Theme' is Love and the 'Technique' is Slimline. 

The first time creating Mini-slimline cards which are 3.5" x 6".  My first card uses a new SU set- I die cut hearts (from a set that came with the machine). I stamped the image on white and purple card.  Then, Lined up the white under the Orchid card . The sentiment is from an ancient set from EK success.  



This card uses a sweet stamp I bought before I rubber stamped...  I used it on cardstock to hang up bows I sold to a children's clothing store.  The size of the cards depended on the size of the bows. And, I have always been a tea drinker : ) 
The image is by All Night Media, the sentiment and XO are unmarked wood mounted stamps. I colored the image with Copic markers. I used a stencil for the hearts using Pixie Pink ink , and stamped the XO's in purple. 


The 2nd card is going in the mail to a class in Virginia- looking to receive cards from around the US or the world!  

Ms Mattox
Round Hill Elementary School
2020 Oakland Dr NW
Roanoke, Va
24012

Challenges 
Purple card: Festive Fridays- Valentines and use 3 items on list: I used Purple, Hearts, Slimline and a Love sentiment : )  
Try it on Tuesday- Use some Text


Thanks for stopping by! 
Shelly

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these are such sweet slimline cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful pair of cards Shelly - the wee tea party is so sweet!
Blessings
Maxine

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your cards with us at Try it on Tuesdays. I liked the fun background you created of the dogs on the first one.
Yvonne

Jaydee said...

What a fabulous background and I love that sentiment. Such a great use of the INSPO words and so glad you shared it with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee