Saturday, February 6, 2021

Hedgehog and Mouse : )

Creating with the theme of P is for Pastels for the Alpha challenge at Splitcoaststampers.



I used a light blue linen cardstock for the base, and inked up this sweet Penny Black image,  I added Distress inks in blue and green using a light touch to white cardstock, diecut out the panel and added a punched Martha Stewart border and some twine.  The sentiment is by Simon Says Stamps. 



  While I was in a pastel mode, I inked up this sweet image that I stamped at my friend Hetty's house while visiting her (in the Netherlands). It was perfect for the Newsprint challenge at SCS. 
  When I inked up the background, it was a different cardstock, so the color does not match perfectly, but still OK.  Love this little chilling mouse!  The image was colored using Copics, the outlying colors are Copics and both skies are Soft Sky ink using A Colorful Life sky stencil. 

 Hope you are having a fabulous week!  I am staying 'inside' and watching the snow and cold through my window!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

Carol W said...

Oh Shelly, I love both of these cards. They are both adorable and I love your coloring. Great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

What sweet cards Shelly, and beautiful in the pastel colour palette.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

Both of these are adorable! Great pastel colors. And such fun designs. Stay warm this week. We have the twins today but don't think we'll be outside much as it is 6 degrees right now. Brrr! Stay safe.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these are both soooo cute!

Lynn McAuley said...

Two precious, precious cards, Shelly!! So awesome!!