Monday, February 15, 2021

Classy Card Ladies monthly duel

The classy card ladies 'due;' on the 15th of each month (formerly known as the dueling darlings). 

This month, Debby (team Pearls)  and Suzy ( team Diamonds)  chose the theme of Cactus.


 I went with the no lumpy or bumpy for mailing, so just used the image- Cactus Mail from Impression Obsession and the DP.  The DP is Paper Studios. The image was colored using Copics and the sky SU ink. I added WInk of Stella to the frame and the moon on both images. 


 Take #2. Such beautiful DP, I hated to cover it up...!  My husband absolutely loves this image- guess he is getting tired of the snowy winters in the Midwest : )

Here are the links to the other Pearls and Diamonds- hop on around to see what the other ladies made with the exact same kits : )  


PEARLS:
Blogs:   Jeanette  , Shelly- you are hereTracieDarlene

SCS Galleries:    Debbie B

DIAMONDS:
Blogs : Barb  , Carol ,  , Kelly , , Laura Jean (LJ) 
SCS Galleries:  Suzy 

Thanks for stopping by! 
 Shelly

11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what beauties! Like your husband, I really liked the image this month - and your coloring is AWESOME! It makes me think of the scenes I saw in both Arizona and New Mexico on every trip through that region.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

this is such a fun image. I don't blame you for focusing on it!

Tracie said...

Amazing job Shelly. I love your pink frame for the beautifully colored image.

Barb said...

So Pretty--I think it looks just like a painting! Beautiful Card!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow Shelly, I love that you did a night/twilight sky and moon!! Very striking against the beautiful papers. Love both cards!

Carol W said...

Shelly this card is beautiful. I love what you did with this kit. Wonderul job!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving both cards Shelly - great work in colouring the images, and both are delightfully mounted
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I think I've seen this mailbox just outside of Terlingua, Texas!! Beautiful work with this awesome image!!

Donna said...

Wonderful image! And as always the kit is just so fun! You've done a marvelous job coloring. Super cute!

MiamiKel said...

Shelly this is gorgeous! I love the first card - it looks like your blog background and a sensational stamp to color! THe second is just as lovely and these are perfect, Shel! Thanks for being YOU!

Suzy Sprague said...

Both cards look fantastic! I love the slight changes in them!