Saturday, July 4, 2020

VSN- Crescendo

 The VSN  (Virtual Stamp Night) at Splitcoaststampers, well there are still a few days to post cards- through 7/6.  I volunteered to host a challenge- the theme was music. 
 My challenge was Crescendo- to increase intensity and use watercolors. 


 I used Daniel Smith watercolor paint on these samples- I used three papers, Lt-Rt- Recollections, Mixed Media and Arches Watercolor paper. 

 

 This card was made using digi images from Graciellie Designs, colored using Copic markers.  The image was die cut on recollections cardstock using a Memory Box Stitched rectangle die. 

 And another take on this challenge- I used die cut from panels of 'Crescendo' onto a panel of the technique. 


 I am almost done with the challenges, 7 to go in the next few days- we'll see if I can complete them!!!  We have company coming on Thursday for a week- and one of the visitors is my Grandson- just one in May......  Not much creating will be done I think.......

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look how different the watercolors look on different papers! Very cool.

Your cards are terrific!

Margaret said...

Both cards are fabulous. I love that shading/blending technique. The one with the vase and flowers is my favorite.

kiwimeskreations said...

Both cards are gorgeous Shelly - I love the 'thanks' one in particular, the focal panel and the background one complement each other beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I really enjoyed doing this challenge, Shelly!! The look is awesome!!!