Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bodacious Backgrounds

 There is nothing better for me than learning new ways to use my supplies to make cards!  Today, some of the Design Team members at Technique Junkies are joining T.J owner Pat Huntoon in a Blog Hop to present to you some of the techniques on a new CD-Bodacious Backgrounds.

I made two cards for the hop- both use supplies I already have on hand  in my 'stash'.
This first card is called the Outlined Resist technique.
 This card uses the Roses background image (S483) from Technique Junkies/formerly Stamp Camp. I used a combination of ink brands for this quick and easy floral delight. My Mother is a Master gardener and has the most beautiful roses, so images of Roses always make me think of Mom: )
 Next, I made a bright and cheery card using the Irresistible Rainbow technique.A perfect Spring card...well, if Spring ever decided to arrive here to stay!
 Again, I used stamps from Technique Junkies/formerly known as Stamp Camp.The Blue and Yellow cardstocks I used are from Paper Temptress- there is a little bit of sparkle in it, and I used a stick pin, ribbon and charms from my stash.

Here is the Blog Hop order:
Ann Clack          
Tricia O’Bin        
Shelly Schmidt   YOU ARE HERE! 
Holly Brown        
Pat Huntoon  
  
This new Bodacious Background Stamp CD contains 30 ways to use your background stamps in fun and creative ways!  Learn how to color, stamp and transform your background stamped images.  The CD contains 20 brand new tutorials plus 10 techniques from the TJ archives.  All 30 tutorials are in step-by-step pdf format - compatible for Macs and PCs alike.  All the tutorials are printable to 8-1/2” x 11” paper.  This is the link for the table of contents for this lovely new CD Bodacious Background Stamps CD index page. 

This link will take you to the Table of Contents page for the CD.


 The CD is available for order TODAY by using the dropdown below.  The CD will be shipped in less than 2 weeks!

Select One or More CDs to add to your order

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are gorgeous. I especially love the triple panel design with the roses.

Irish Cherokee said...

Love both cards. Well done.

Ann said...

Hahahaha......we picked the same exact two techniques. I didn't know what you had picked. Great minds think alike and with such differing results! Love them both!

NancyK said...

Wow - that rose card is gorgeous!! Love the look you created with it.

Penny said...

Wow, you create the most beautiful cards with your various techniques! Love the backgrounds on both of these! Love the different ribbon treatments and designs, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Tricia OBin said...

Wow, great cards. I love the way the roses came out...love the layout.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Pretty cards! I so am loving that you used the word bodacious - it just makes me giggle for some reason!

I especially love how the roses turned out on the first card.

Great job!

Nancy Dawson said...

Love your cards. I like those techniques and adds such interest! TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

Love, love, love that rose background Shelly it is fabulous. The rainbow is impressive too.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

Wow, Shelly! Those roses ROCK!! They're so pretty. The butterfly card is really interesting, love those colors and the images. Very pretty!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Drooling over the roses! Fab card GF!

Stef H said...

omword! i love the roses! LOVE IT! you rock any technique you try. me? i'm an old coot who just sticks with my clean and simple!

your 2d card is colorful and stunning!

my forsythia is FINALLY blooming! is that good of bad? it means i'll have to trim it. maybe not the regular 4 x a season - be nice, huh?

have a great week!

hugs :)

BarbaraW said...

Shelly, your cards are fabulous. I love seeing the art you share. I may not always get a chance to comment, but know I'm loving what I see.

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous technique cards. I'm so weak in this department. I really admire people who can do this.

Terry said...

Both are gorgeous, Shelly! Those roses are so delightful! Love your cards!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Shelly...both of your cards are gorgeous!!!! I just love the pretty colors and texture you used and what fabulous techniques!!!!

Con said...

Oh pretty cards! I especially like card #2...so much color;) just my style. thank you for show this technique, -con

Shirley said...

Both card are wonderful. Love the resist on the first one and the BG colors on the second.