Wednesday, April 9, 2014

All God's Children

"All God's Children" is the theme of a Blog Hop today, hosted by The Carriers of Faith. We are a blogging group over at SCS.

 
  "And Jesus took a child and put him in this midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me. " ~Mark 9:36-37


  Children find their joy in simplicity, as in the scene above. They can spend the entire day finding bugs under rocks or scattering seeds. When I think of children, I also think of their innocence and pure Love.

  I was fortunate to grow up in a very faith-filled family with 2 sisters and 4 brothers. We spent hours outdoors finding joy and entertainment in finding bugs, swimming and fishing and playing baseball. We would get refrigerator boxes and roll down the hill of the 1st riverbank......

 My card uses a digi image by Nicecrane Deisgns that I found through a Facebook group called Christian Cardmakers around the world. The digi sentiment is from Create with TLC. The background I learned in the latest Technique Junkies newsletter called Stencil Spray fun.

Hop order for April 2014
Carol- start of the HOP
Jeanette
Shelly- You Are HERE
April
Kelly
Barb
Zella
Paula

I used a Sketch challenge from SplitCoast Stampers SC483 for my card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

19 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Shelly! I love love love that image - that you colored beautifully! And what a fun design with the tilted paper, etc. Lovely!

Did you know they don't ship refrigerators in boxes any more. Sad, isn't it?

Anne Temple said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the spring colors and the image is so sweet.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Dear Sheely, Thanks for using my cute little kids image,,,Love your coloring and fresh colors and your quote,,,,takea look to my store and feel free to ask me your vaf prodcut for free, e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Donna K said...

I hadn't been able to get a good connection on my iPad to blog browse since we arrived in CA. Imagine my delight when this card post very first page that actually loaded! I love the message and your lovely card Shelly! Thanks for this post today.

Carol W said...

Shelly, I love your card it is so perfect for this challenge. Your post brought back many fun and awesome memories for me as well. What a blessing you are. Thanks so much for sharing...

Barb said...

What a sweet card---I love the image and the colors--but the embellishments make it rock!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely wonderful image to use for the hop! Your project is great! So glad you are part of COF!Time to get hopping!

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous!! What a lovely coloring! I just love your eye for design and the colors here are just stunning ~ fabulous card, dear! Blessings!

April said...

What a fun background! I need to step up my game and learn some new techniques...guess where I will be headed??
Darling card....and all those brothers? Oh my!

jimlynn said...

Shelly, it's gorgeous! Love the background you created and that precious image. Fantastic card.
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

Really like this image, and you made a beautiful card with it. Great job with the SCS sketch. I have been a member of Split Coast for over 7 years and never heard of the group that you mentioned. I must go to SCS and check that out....

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is gorgeous - love the vibrant colours you have used, and the picture really complements the theme.
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, you have a lot of siblings. Sounds like you lived a good life. Your card projects the innocence of childhood.

Michele said...

oh very precious and lovely. just so pretty. xo

Leanne said...

Beautiful card!! The image reminds me of a picture prayer book my sis owned as a child, later used by me, her kids & later mine. It's over 50 yrs old but I still have it somewhere. Didn't want to part with it only because of the pictures.

Penny said...

Shelly, this is sooo pretty! Love the darling image and coloring! Love your design, distressing, and beautiful background, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Shirley said...

Shelly, your card is lovely and the verse is such a wonderful reminder! Hope you will join us for the blog hop on Monday. We are hoping to inspire people to send cards to a little 2 year old and her family. She is receiving chemo for Leukemia and being such a trooper too! Details at top of my blog! Hugs,

NancyK said...

Shelly - such a great card. Love the sketch and your coloring is perfect. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Darlene said...

Oh Shelly, how perfectly this card captures the essence of the challenge! Lovely image, beautiful colors, just the right layout - everything combines so well. Nicely done!