Thursday, January 19, 2012

You're the Sweetest! McMahon Five Designs Release 1/19

 We had a fun release this week at McMahon Five, and I was hard to pick an image...but I LOVE flowers...so I went with the Peony Love image.

I googled Peony images and saw they are light and dark pink, but also Purple.... so went with it!  I have to admit, I printed out the Peony digi papers from M5D, and somehow got them in Black and White (I did not know you could do that.....).  The digi papers are in Pink, Peach and Browns, so.....the paper can now be any color I choose.......
  I started with retired SU Lovely Lilac and Orchid cardstock. I 'double bugged' an Orchid layer and added some highlights with Lilac ink. I learned to double bugging in a Technique Junkies newsletter tutorial.  I added Orchid ink also to the B/W diamond Peony digi paper- which I printed on Cryogen White cardstock-textweight.   The hearts border punch is by MS.
  The image is colored with Copic markers and I added Sakura Gelly Roll pen to the heart frame for shimmer. The seam binding is colored with Copic markers as well. I also added a touch of Copic to the center of the white flower.

  There is a line of stamps at M5D called D'Amour Allure- the sentiment is from the Language of Love set.  D'Amure Allure is now releasing a line of digi stamps at M5D as well- you can see all images in the line HERE.


Challenges:
Crafty Creations-Valentines
Scrapbook Sisters- Sweet Valentine
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop- Be My Valentine
Digital Tuesday- Romantic Card
Mark's Finest Paper- Use a border Punch

Have a great day!
Shelly

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Shelly, this is stop-everything-and-admire-it beautiful!! I have read your post 3 times, still not getting exactly how you did all of this! LOL But that's just me. I think it's so great that you went with the lilacs and soft purple shades for this one. I'll be coming back here a few more times to try & learn some of these techniques for sure! Probably be bugging you with some questions too! See what you started?? Congratulations on such a wonderful creation!

Terry said...

I love this color combination and so nice to see something other than red or pink! This is a real eye catcher and so beautiful! Love this!

jimlynn said...

WOW Shelly! This is outstanding and so beautiful. LOVE how you did that flower.
Lynn

Sue McMahon said...

Don't you love when 'woopsies' turn out to be gorgeous creations like this! Love this card, Shelly! Thanks for being such a special part of the Team! Hugs, Sue

Sarah said...

This is just so beautiful! The image is perfect.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge this month.

Sarah x

Sarah said...

This is just so beautiful! The image is perfect.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge this month.

Sarah x

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful card and image! Love the design, colors and details!

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh wow Shelly, that's beautiful! x

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is a stunner - love the subtle glitter and the overall colours. Just beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy said...

Shelly, this is absolutely stunning! I love the purple shades and the glittery heart. A fabulous creation.

Joan said...

Beautiful card - I absolutely love your color choices!

Designing with Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, I love this technique. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Pat said...

This is a beautiful card. Lovely color. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

HeARTworks said...

Very pretty and romantic! Have a great weekend! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Michele said...

gorgeous! this is masterful. xo

Crystal R said...

Beautiful card. I love the layers and colours. Its so elegant and pretty. "I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum"

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful colours, such an elegant card.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

How elegant! Love the way you colored the seam binding to match.

2amscrapper said...

what a fabulous creation--I love how you combined the different M5 files into one gorgeous card

trisha too said...

SO pretty and serene, Shelly!

:)

Louise F NZ said...

This is so pretty, love the purple and the sparkle.