Saturday, January 7, 2012

Twinchies

   My ATC group decided to exchange Twinchies this month- I had a blast making these!  I took out my Technique Junkies box of backgrounds and some collage sheets and went to town.........
   Twinchies are 2" x's 2"

This is for the 1-4-1 exchange in our group- I used a faux metallic background through the Cuttlebug

We made 20 Twinchies and exchanged 2 for each participant.  Here are a few of the styles I made:


 I used Ranger Distress Stains for the background and added some stained German Scrap and sewed it on.


 This is the Faux Washi technique (Technique Junkies), German Scrap and on the Rt- McMahon Five Designs Breast Cancer freebie digi image plus rhinestones.


 More Graphics on Metallic Parchment background (Technique Junkies).


Wax paper resist with a Cuttlebug Folder- German Scrap at the top. 



More scrap and Ranger Distress stain on the LT- On the Rt a tissue paper technique (TJ'S). I used Nestabilities to cut out a heart and an inner heart.  On the open area in between them, I added Crystal Effects and added micro-beads.  The top layer has a sentiment lightly stamped in pink.......


 On the Lt- a shimmery black background made with Opalite purple inks dabbed on and really shimmery purple with gold twinkling H2O's paper- I punched out hearts and added a sentiment. For the snowflake- I put Metallic tape thru the Cuttlebug and cut out a snowflake. I added it to a phonebook page that has Ranger Inks in blues and added foil tape around the edge.

These are the Twinchies I recieved in the trade:
Top Lt- my 1-4-1 trade from Mari ; Top Rt Lori
Bottom-Cindy (Rt bleach stamping)

Top Mari and bottom Carol (on the Lt- an Ikea bag, on the Rt- metallic slide nount)

Top Diane S. using fun new products- on the Rt- uses Tim Holtz border die
Bottom- Mary W.

 Top Debbie and Bottom Marcie

Top Diane M. and bottom Harriet.

Fun Fun- there is a Swap at Gingersnaps for Twinchies- I think I will keep making these- they are so much fun!  There are alot of ideas here too! 

Which one is your favorite???

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

30 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Shelly these are just great - love them all!! Bet it was fun to look through all the ones you received in return!

Karli said...

Really cool! Oooh I think my fav is the faux washi. It looks amazing! Tfs- hugs

Debi said...

wow these are all so cool, I think I might suggest a twinchie swap with my ATC group :-) my fav are the pink and gold breast awareness ones :-) Debi x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your pink heart twinchie :-), but they are all beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Glennis F said...

They are all great, I don't think I could pick a favourite

Darlene said...

HOLY COW, SHELLY! You have been one BUSY girl! These are all fab, hard to pick any favorite. You just have too much talent for me to pick one. I'll bet you received some amazing creations in return too!

Cheri said...

Shelly these little piece of art have so much inspiration to offer. I love them. I just signed up on a group to exchange twinchies. These are fabulous!!!

jimlynn said...

I've never heard of these before Shelly, but the ones you made and the ones received are wonderful!
Lynn

An Occasional Genius said...

They are all fab Shelly, I couldn't confine myself to such a small space I think so hats off to your lovely twinchies! x

Stef H said...

gosh! my fingers hurt just thinking of working on such small things. i'll leave it to you because these are ALL gorgeous!

happy new year sweetie!

hugs :)

Electra said...

Your snowflake one is my fave, but they are all lovely!

Juliet A said...

Yeah, once you've mastered ATCs, these must have been a piece of cake!

Tammy said...

Gosh, too many to decide which ONE I like the best! Love them all.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! These are all so amazing! Beautifully made and just the perfect amount of vintage feel to them!

Anonymous said...

These are all amazing, Shelly! Great pieces!

Michele said...

these are just gorgeous! i am especially fond of the first lady with the wings and i love the circus one too. well and the one with all the hearts as well... let's face it, they are all great. what a fun exchange. xo

Anne said...

Hi Shelly these are fun, and ready made toppers when you want them too!
Anne
x

Miss Amber said...

Love these twinchies, Shelly! Never made twinchies ever but these look cool!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, these are all just amazing. What fun to belong to such a fun group!

Ali Manning said...

Your twinchies are so much fun, Shelly and so are the ones you received. Thanks for plugging our swap on Gingersnaps :) Ali

Karen K. said...

These are all wonderful, put the awerness one has got to be my all time favorite :-)
thanks for sharing!

Karen K

Terry said...

Wow! I love them all, but if I had to choose, it would be the faux metallic and metallic parchment! Beautiful art!

Carole said...

I love these Shelly! My favorites are the Faux Washi technique with Victorian Girl and the Wax paper resist with Oriental image. How fun!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh wow! I haven't made twinchies in so long. These are so awesome!

Lynn Stevens said...

What FUN twinchies Shelly, All so different and each one a work of art!!! Love the faux metal! Great exchange!
Hugs Lynn

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How very creative! Lovely little works of art!

Marjie Kemper said...

These are fantastic Shelly. You used so many different techniques.... I love that wax paper one the most. Thanks for sharing these!

paige said...

Your twinchie are all so unique and beautiful! TFS the ones you received in trade.

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, looks like you had twinchie fun! All of these are so cute!

trisha too said...

What a beautiful lot of twinchies, so pretty and fun!

:)