Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creative Belli Challenge #134-Snowflakes

  The Creative Belli Challenge for the next two weeks, January 4th - 17th, 2012 is


 SNOWFLAKES!
(you must have at least 1 snowflake on your card) 
   My recent trip to Breckenridge encouraged this card....my son is a ski instructor there, and he wears this blue color snowsuit when he is teaching.  I have not used this Riley stamp in ages.....and I used some gingham ribbon and a snowflake charm that I had to dust off...... I colored the image with Copic Markers.

The spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments!
I used a Technique Junkies technique on my card called Chalked Emboss- so the background looks soft and then I highlighted the embossing for a 'pop'. I used a digi sentiment from Create with TLC- there is going to be a HUGE party at Create with TLC soon- the counter is just shy of 1500 followers on her blog......!!!  Wahoo!  I cannot wait!
This is about the only way I am seeing snowflakes this year .....West of Chicago- we have not had any snow to speak of this year at all...and the forecast for this weekend is in the 40's.......
 When you upload your challenge card to any gallery (Splitcoast, CDAC, etc....), please use keyword CBC134
  We have some new DT members- and the inspiration is fabulous- please check out the Creative Belli Blog for links to their cards!

Challenges I am submitting my card to:
Anything Goes- Blue plus one other color
Digital Tuesday- Winter Wonderland (sentiment digi)
Sweet Stamps- Winter
Crazy Amigo's- Winter
Mark's Finest Papers- Use snowflakes

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

24 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the image you used. (I don't have any Riley's yet. I think I am going to have to buy some stamps soon)

Terry said...

Love the darling little moose! Too cute is this card and great snowflake background! You know the snow will find you?? Have a great day!

jimlynn said...

So much fun! Love this little Riley image and all that blue just makes him even cuter.
Lynn

paige said...

Fun image and I love that color blue!

Ceal said...

great card, love the blue!

Annette said...

What a cute and fun card! Love the paper!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette

Juliet A said...

this is adorable! there are so many types of snowflakes hidden in here!

Dawnll said...

This is an adorable card-love the ribbon and charm.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week

Louise F NZ said...

Great card Shelly, the embossing looks fantastic and Riley is always cute. xox

StephC said...

Adorable! Love the blue! Beautiful card!

Robin Parker said...

Shelly, your little moose is adorable. Love all the snowflakes, wonderful creation.

Laura said...

Hey Shelly what a super cute card!!! Have a great new years!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is fabulous - love your new look to your blog too :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Hetty said...

Lovely card, Shelly. Darling picture and great background. I am glad you had a nice family Christmas.

joy said...

Awwwh, this is too cute! I love the gingham ribbon with the charm.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelley, this card is soooooo cute! I love that Riley image and the snowflakes are perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

I love moose and this one is sooooo cute! Wonderful card

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

I love Riley, this is such a cute winter card! Thanks for joining the blog challenge this week at SweetStamps.com and Good Luck!

Em said...

Like the tech! It makes the card looks pretty~ Cute image too!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so cute, I just love Riley!! Once of my favorite trips ever was to Brekenridge, I love that entire area. Have a great weekend!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a cute card. Love Riley & all the pretty blues! Love the gingham ribbon too.
I found you on the Outlawz & have become your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings btw…..If you’re already following my blog……thank you so much!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Darlene said...

Oh, so pretty hues of blue, perfectly matched in your coloring of the adorable Riley on ski's!! What a fantastic card!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Sure wish we get some snow soon.

Tracey said...

Wonderful card Shelly, I love the embossed background :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx