Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bloggers Challenge- Something with Wings

 For Bloggers challenge this week-the challenge is create and use 'something with wings'. I have a few friend cards that I need, so created a card using this challenge.  I am having a bit of computer trouble, so am sneaking onto hubby's computer while he is out playing tennis......
 I made a fun Technique Junkies background- and it was quite easy as well- chalked emboss.  I love using SU colors, because I can consult the color wheel to see what matches...this is Old Olive and Eggplant- and I used Copics with similar values to color my image ( I used V04, V09, YG93, C1 Copics).
  The image and sentiment are from Create with TLC and are digi's.  I added Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for shimmer. The embossing folder is music notes and I highlighted that with Close to Cocoa and the gelly roll pen.
  Here is the link to Lisa's blog- our Blogger Challenge 'Mom'. Below is a linky for you to join in with your 'Things with Wings'.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

21 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Shelly - your card is gorgeous! Love all the depth and texture. Fav colour combination. My CD arrived this week - thank you so much. I am going to have fun! Hugs,

Joanne Travis said...

What a stunning creation!! Love the wings theme.

Laura said...

Butterflies are my favorite,and you did a beautiful job on this card. TFS.

jimlynn said...

Shelly, this is awesome! LOVE that background - and well, the entire card. Really like how you did the sentiment too.
Lynn

Terry said...

Wow!! I just love your wings! What a gorgeous design and the colors are so pretty! Have a great weekend!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is absolutely beautiful Shelly! Love these colors together! Such a lovely design! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :D

Anne Temple said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it.

Lorraine said...

Cool card! Love the background and butterflies you created!

claudia said...

very nice,have a good day from Tenerife!!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Well I seem to be seeing these butterflies fluttering about so many blogs!! Your card is Gorgeous Shelly!
It really is!!!
Hugs Lynn

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the added texture of the embossing and the popped up butterfly! I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend!

1CardCreator said...

Love all the texture in this!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Shelly! I especially love your background.

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous design, Shelly!!!! Your background is really pretty and I love how you used the olive and eggplant!!!!

Juliet A said...

It's doesn't look like a card, maybe something more artistic, more permanent, like decoupage. Very elegant!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Shelly! I love the texture. Your creation is just stunning!

2amscrapper said...

so pretty!

BarbaraW said...

Love your beautiful card. The butterflies are wonderful and the color combination is so elegant.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love this, it is outstanding...comfort, texture, love....what else do we need!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the embossed background.

Kathy said...

I love olive and eggplant together, great color scheme. Such a lovely image and really fun TJ background, too.