Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bloggers Challenge-Texturize it

I have Blog Candy HERE   : )

I finally had a chance to create with inspiration from the Stamping Companion CD made by Technique Junkies- it is new and there are lots of things I want to try in it......

  I used the Blossoms punch by SU and added texture and color- the petals are Calypso Coral and Tangerine and the leaves Pear Pizzaz. The DSP is the In COlor pack. I used the set Elements of Style to add a little more interest and a sentiment.

 I had the pleasure of going to a SU workshop where we made some fun cards- here is one that has texture on it- my SU demo Kim is very talented and I always love to see what ideas she comes up with!
 The hearts are from an Emblosslits die which cuts them out and embosses them, and the DSP is from the SAB catalog.  How fun is this!

Bloggers challenge is open to all who are interested in playing along- add some texture to your card and join in!  Blogger Challenge Mom is LISA and you can find her blog HERE.


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous deep color! So warm! Your flower is gorgeous as well. This card is so striking...love it!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the colors! WOW! Very stunning! And that flower is incredible!!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is so fabulous ... love the color palette you used too!

jimlynn said...

Both are so pretty. Love all the texture on that first (and beautiful card) and the embossing on the hearts on the second card!
Lynn

Theresa said...

I love the colors you used on these cards and the texture added to the flower really makes it pop.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What stunning artwork, Shelly...that is such a gorgeous color you have selected. Love it. I look forward to seeing more of your art and have joined your followers list. I extend an invitation for you to join me as well. Hugs, Gayle.
http://gaylepage-robak.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. I love it.

Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

Yvonne Garner said...

Shelly, your card is gorgeous! Love the oranges you used. I don't often don't use orange, but I should! Thanks for dropping by my blog with kind words. Best, Yvonne

Terry said...

Love these colors! Both are absolutely fabulous and have great texture! Enjoy the weekend!

Mary Marsh said...

these su colors look fab together Shelly-love the finished product-it was nice to see your card in the bloggers challenge-hope all is well with you

BarbaraW said...

Awesome cards. Images are beautiful and the colors are fabulous.

Basement Stamper said...

the texture on your flower looks beautiful and I love the heart card!

Jingle said...

Wonderful cards!

Michele Kovack said...

Such pretty cards!

paige said...

love how that large bloom turned out! Beautiful! And I adore all the hearts on your second card1

Miss Amber said...

Shelly, that is just soo pretty! I love the colors!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards! Love all the texture on the blossoms and hearts!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful cards Shelly! I LOVE the tangerine blossom...so pretty! :D