Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis’ the Season

My daughter asked me to make her a card to send to a Sorority sister-she is a Chi Omega and their mascot is an owl.  Well, I just saw the cutest owl digi by Nana Vic- perfect for a card for her.
Nanavics1
The big wooden owl outside of the sorority house is brown, so I made a brown version for her.
Nanavic's
Then, I made a gray version- she likes the brown one better- but now I have one more card to mail…..
I colored the images with Copic markers- in the ornament are the initials for her school- too small for the camera to pick up.  I highlighted the ornament and the letters with a Copic Spica Pen to add shimmer.  The Jingle tags are a digi freebie from Juliet’s Blog- I love these-Thanks!
DSP is Mind’s Eye
Challenges:
2 Sisters-Christmas
Craft Your Days Away-Punches or Die Cut
Alphabet-H is for the owl’s Hat
Crafty Ho’s-Red and Green

Thanks for stopping by today!
Shelly

14 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Cute cards!! Cute iamge as well!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely cards. I am hooked on owls, my owl stamps are my faves. Thanks for visiting my blog, too, and happy holidays to you and your family!

Terry said...

Love those cards! The Owl is so perfect for your dauther's friend and adorable also! Have a great Sunday!

Kim B said...

Very cute! I am sure the friend will love it.

Juliet A said...

This image is adorabe! I think these cards will be very popular with the Chi Omega crowd.

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable, Shelly!! Those owls are cute. :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful creations:-)

Hetty said...

Ah these cards are so CUTE!! Happy Holidays to you and your famuly!

Carrie said...

Perfect card for your daughter's friend. I'm partial to the gray ones but both are cute!

Lesley said...

Cute cards! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Priyanka said...

I know this cutie, I saw this sweet owl on paper craft planet,u play with it sooo beautifully,love it.

Anne said...

Very cute cards, love owl images!

Sarah said...

Hi Shelly, what cute cards, I love the owls image. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away, good luck with the challenge. Happy New Year xxx

Cards By MI said...

Lots of fun and lovely designs here. :)
Love n hugs,
Marie