Thursday, December 23, 2010

Creative Inspirations Paint- Thinking of You and a Tag Box- My Farewell post.

 This is my last posting with the Creative Inspirations Paints DT- I have really enjoyed this DT and LOVE the paints! If you happen to see a DT call- I highly recommend it!
  My first project is a card for my SIL who had surgery last week- she LOVES clowns- so I had to grab this great freebie from McMahon Five Designs and I made this card:
I colored the image with Copic Markers and highlighted the red neck ruffle with Garnet CI paint. I also added CI paint to the dots on the background. The Nestabilities are the Fancy Tags and Lotus dies.  I added a zig-zag border on my sewing machine with metallic silver thread. Here is a close-up of the shimmer:
  I enjoy the images SO much at McMahon Five Designs that I have applied and accepted a position for the DT for the Jan-March term!  I am very excited and I hope you will stop by to see my weekly posts.
  I am entering this card in a Challenge at Fairy Doodlers Friday Freebie- where this image is FREE

  I also made a Holiday project with a group of tags from Boni Bleaux Designs- more details with the dimensions below (the site is on/off under construction/updating to be more user friendly):


 I colored the tags with Copic Markers and/ OR Creative Inspirations Paints. The poinsettias are Garnet CI paint, the tree has Silver, Blue, Red and Purple CI paint, the snowman is colored with Copics and I used Fairy Dust CI paint. I used Liquid Applique on the beard and mustache the snowman hat, and stocking.

 For the Poinsettia tag, I rotated it 180 degrees on the paper, and left open cardstock on the opposite side so I could fold the tag and write on the inside.  Once it was printed off, I scored a line right at the top of the tag and folded the cardstock, then cut the tag out two layers at a time.












For the inside of the box- the measurements with vary depending on your tag box.

For my box, I made a template with copy paper first.  I cut my cardstock 8" long x 3 3/8" wide.
I scored at 1 1/2", 2 14", 3"  and then turned the cardstock around to score the other side- my round tags are a touch larger than the Santa tag, so I scored the second side 1 7/8", 2 5/8" and 3 3/8".  This will leave a center section for tags or ribbons/fibers.

 This would keep little ones busy for some time- I would print the tags out a touch bigger and ....enjoy a little bit of peace! 
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Shelly Schmidt

27 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sure your SIL will love her card. Your tags are great I love the snow on frosty's hat. You did a great job coloring these too

Sue McMahon said...

Shelly, your clown looks fabulous with all the sparkle! I hope you SIL likes it and is on the mend.
HUGS
Sue

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is so fun, I just luv this image, it just pops off the page! Congrats on your new digs, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Luv the lotus behind the image, I don't use that enuf, thanks for the push. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Emily Keaton said...

What lovely projects! That tag box is tops! :)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Very cool what you did with the tags!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!

Anne Temple said...

Love the ruffle on the clown and your tag ideas are so cute!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the tag set, what a cute way of packaging them too! Great card too!

Gayle Cook said...

Hi Shelly your card is great....are you going to submit it to our Friday Freebie Challenge?!?!??! Please go to www.fairydoodler.com and you'll find the link there for you to upload it.

FairyD x

Annie said...

oh my Shelly, you've been a busy girl! :) I'm sure your SIL will just love this card, as it is gorgeous!
Great job on those tags.
Merry Christmas to your and your loved ones!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card for your sil, hope she has a speedy recovery. The tag box is super cute, too. Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Cheryl said...

Wow Shelly, there are just too many goodies in this posting to comment on individually. I love them all. Your SIL will love the clown card. Congrats on your new DT position.



Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Lynn Stevens said...

Shelly,
I don't usually care for clowns but I Love this one! great card!
Merry Christmas!
hugs Lynn

jimlynn said...

Great tag project and what a cute clown card! Just wonderful.
Shelly, hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Renee said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Priyanka said...

friend ur SIL definately love this, who not love this beautiful creation,I love ur tag box, wow what a gift.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun clown!! Your SIL will love it!! The tags are perfect!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the joy and peace of Christmas remain with you through out the new year.
hugs,
Chris

Amy Johnson said...

Great clown card and tags! I look forward to getting to know you on M5DT! Merry Christmas!

Karen Howard said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Karen

CarlaKH said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours! Love your tag box too!

Karli said...

Hi Shelly!
Popping in to wish you and your family a merry christmas! Big Hugs my friend :)

2amscrapper said...

Great projects! Merry Christmas! Helene

Marilyn said...

I love your tags! I always think I will do some but I never get around to it. These are gorgeous.

Michele said...

LOVE your clown card. SIL will perk right up. lovely tags too! xo

Juliet A said...

I will miss your shimmery CI projects!

I love the gift tag idea, and how you made them folding tags. You are very clever!

grandmalee said...

Congrats on your new DT position! I'm sure they will love your work as much as we do! I will have to use this idea for my tags next year.

BTW, the baby is here!!!! Caleb David Burgess was born on Dec. 26 weighing 8# 2oz and is 20" long. She needed a c-section after 17 hrs or labor, but all are fine except for a little bit of jaundice. Thanks again for all of the prayers!

Kristine said...

Hi Shelly! Congrats and welcome aboard the McMahon Five Team!! =) Sorry it's taken me so long to get here... busy busy these days. Hope things calm down soon! Love your blog and I'm so happy to have you joining our team. Hope you had a wonderful CHristmas! =)

Christine said...

Love the holiday tag project, they are fantastic!