Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creative Belli Challenge #135- Frames-Make it Fancy

  The Creative Belli Challenge #135 for the next two weeks is Frames- make your image or sentiment 'dressed up' with a frame.


The spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments!  I decided to use a frame from the Delilah set from Lettering Delights using the  Make the Cut program on my Electronic cutting machine, which I had to dust off .....  and am happy to play with my cutting files- I am a beginner......   
The background DPS is by Memory Makers and I won it from Becca a couple of years ago.... The lace is from my stash and the rhinestone matched perfectly- are from my old and forgotten stash as well.
I wanted to share a quick TIP for cutting out your label:
When you cut out a label- this is a tip to conserve cardstock- especially when you are using beautiful cardstock that you only bought one sheet of...... : )

Measure your cardstock, and cut the label from the portion that will be hidden in the layer below.....

My sentiment is a digi and is from Create with TLC

 When you upload your challenge card to any gallery (Splitcoast, CDAC, etc....), please use keyword CBC135
  We have some new DT members- and the inspiration is fabulous- please check out the Creative Belli Blog for links to their cards!

Challenges I am submitting my card to:
Cardabilities-Sketch
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations- Die Cuts
There She Goes- Back to Nature
Crazy Challenge-ribbon, image/sentiment and gems

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

16 comments:

Stef H said...

what a gorgeous card! love the butterfly one in the post below too!

and a great tip. i hate when that happens.... waste the beautiful CS or paper on a cut!

hope all is well with you and i'm always glad when you stop by!

hugs :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What a beautiful card and fancy frame!

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and sentiment. Love the fancy frame too.

StephC said...

This card is lovely! I love the butterflies, and the frame you created. Your take on the sketch is fabulous. I'm happy to be working with you on the Belli DT.
Hugs!
Steph

P.S. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities also. :)

jimlynn said...

Great tip and a lovely card. Beautiful stitching too I might add!
Love it.
Lynn

paige said...

Shelly, your card is gorgeous with the fancy frame and lovely bling! Loved the tip on saving cs. I'll have to put that one to use.

joy said...

Wonderful colors! - Thanks for the tip for saving great paper.

Ceal said...

beautiful card Shelly! love that butterfly with the gems

Jessie/knightrone said...

So lovely...thank you so much for playing along with this week's There She Goes challenge!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Nice one Shelly - your old stash must be fascinating to trawl through if this is the gorgeous result!!
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy said...

Wow, this is so pretty. One of my favorite quotes and I love that the quote is the main focus. Beautiful!

Robin Parker said...

Shelly, this is such a lovely color! Love all the rhinestone swirls. The butterfly is the perfect touch.

Theresa said...

Very beautiful!! Love the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with this week's There She Goes challenge!!

darling Ho said...

This is so pretty! The frame is so fancy.
Thanks for sharing it.
~darling Ho~ DT from The Crazy Challenge

Mruk said...

Lovely card and what a cute little butterfly in the corner :)
Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

Guylaine Seyer said...

lovely card. I like the square element in the center instead of circle
thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities