Saturday, June 10, 2023

Back creating!

We have been traveling a bit, and doing day trips when home.  I had a chance to try to work on catching up- very behind on Swaps!

For the May Technique challenge at Splitcoast, we made Salt technique cards.  I combined the challenge with the Alpha A=Avocado challenge.


 I used Peeled Paint Distress ink and salt on layer one- using the wrinkle free distress technique to apply color.  I used a blending brush to add more color and dabbed on a bit of water on the next layer.  I added splatters of white paint and black ink next.  I die cut a vellum ovel (Gina Marie Dies) and added daisy die cuts from Memory box (from SSS), adding a twine bow.  The sentiment is SSS. (Simon Says Stamp). 

Challenges:


Next is the April image from Diane (Glamour) and it has been sitting waiting to be mailed on my desk for a while- the image is Whimsy Stamps. 


 We make a card with our swapped images and mail them to each other.  This is off to Ruby in WA state today! The image is colored using Copics and highlights using a white gel pen. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
 Shelly

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, I'm glad to see you're creating again - I missed seeing your awesome creations. These two are wonderful!

*Vicki* said...

Both of these cards look amazing Shelly! I adore that duck image and I still have my stamp from Whimsy Stamps! The daisies at the top look so pretty too! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having fun on your travels! Stay safe my friend!