Monday, May 1, 2023

May at Jan's Digital Stamps

 How I love Poppies- one of my favorite flowers!  Jan's Digital stamps has released 2 new sets, and I chose to create using the Poppies!


I used Jan's pre-colored digital image and used the scan and cut (and an exacto knife) to carve this image.  I layered it on a shimmery white cardstock that was embossed using a 3D EF. The DP is Bo Bunny and is a few years old....  The Die cut is from MFT.  The base cardstock is SU Poppy.  


 I used the MFT die inside as well from plain white CS , and added a bloom and a bud from Jan's pre-colored image from this set.  

My Mom's cousin is buried in Flanders Field, so I always think of him when I see poppies!  He died the day before the war ended : (  I salute all of our soldiers!

Challenges: TBA


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such an eye-catching, elegant card Shelly - love that image and you have used it to make a stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I'm so wistful that you are able to use an exacto knife with such precision, Shelly! I'm an accident waiting to happen with those kinds of tools (fumble fingers here). It is FANTASTICALLY-WELL cut out, and beautifully layered on the embossed pearlized cardstock and pretty papers. Terrific card, my friend!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna Walls said...

A wonderful card design and lovely, colored image Shelly. Thanks for another beautiful team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this is so pretty!

Sharon Madson said...

Great card, Shelly. I love how you did the inside. Hugs!

Carol W said...

Love this card Shelly. It is perfect.

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful poppies, inside and out!! Wonderful card, Shelly!

Margaret said...

Such a lovely card. Great job on your design.