Monday, June 26, 2023

Rainbow slimline & a dragonfly

A crazy and fast paced summer is upon us!  I finally had time for a couple of cards.  One os for an Instagram Hop with a rainbow theme. 


For an Instagram Hop (  https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct6u4vJuGCN/  )  using the theme of rainbow.  I used Distress inks for the background stencil.  The butterflies are Memory Box and the sentiment is a  MFT die.  There are so many fun ideas for using rainbows or the colors from the rainbow.  


This card uses a hand carved stamp- the dragonfly.  It is very shimmery IRL.  The backing is watercolor paper and watercolor inks. 

 I carved this stamp IMO and to celebrate my nephews 10 year anniversary from his Wilms tumor diagnosis- a kidney cancer.  He had a kidney removed at age 5...now age 15 and doing well. He and his family were very involved with the Dragonfly foundation, which supports pediatric cancer patients and their families.  I also made an ATC which I love using this image.  
 The sentiment die cut is by Lawn Fawn and is layered in black CS






Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Two very pretty cards Shelly - love the rainbow one in particular - that is gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your talent amazes me... two beauties! And your carved stamp - WOW!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow those rainbow butterflies are gorgeous!! I'm in love with that beautiful dragonfly and those wings! Both of these are so pretty Shelly!

Lynn McAuley said...

So many beautiful wings here, Shelly!! Awesome work!