Saturday, February 5, 2022

Try Something New

 I was going to clean today....however, I saw the Free 4 All challenge at SCS to try something new, then rec'd a message from an Alpha sis to Zoom and create.....so...create I did!  


I had purchased a kit in the Netherlands a few years ago- the style of creating that is very popular there is called decoupage. There are 4 layers of this image, Each layer after the first is added using dimensionals.  I made 2/3- the 3rd looks like an opossum....  I like the cards when they were finished, and one will go to this past week's Teapot recipient. One of the things she likes is watching and feeding the squirrels. No stamping other than the Hero Arts Sentiments.


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

These are so cute, Shelly.

Rebekah said...

These turned out so pretty and cute! Love all the earthy shades, making your critters pop! I so appreciated being able to zoom and get inspired! THANK YOU! :)

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly- much better use of your time than housework!
xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice work Shelly. I found it intriguing that you bought a kit from the Netherlands. The layering sure is nice.

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly, and decoupage is certainly a painstaking technique - I don't 'do' much decoupage, but do like the results when I get my act together and do it :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These animals are just too adorable! Well done!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous papers with these gorgeous woodlands animals!! Amazing work!!