Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Falliday fun

 Back from a weekend trip to Texas for a wedding and I decided it was a great day to make cards and catch up with my Zoom friends!  I looked at the list of Falliday challenges and got to work!


This is a mini-slimline card.  6.5" x 3.5" and the challenge is to make a pumpkin not orange.....  I used some retired SU DSP and used a tree punch to add a tree line to the background.  Then, I colored the images in using Copic markers in coordinating colors. The images are from CC Designs. 



The next challenge asked for a squirrel, and I was happy to break out this Kitchen Sink Stamps squirrel set and make a card for my husband, who is squirrel obsessed. He names them and enjoys watching them out of the kitchen window : )  The squirrels like to try to raid the bird feeders, which I am not the biggest fan of....oh well....  The simple pleasures!



 The next challenge was combined, Frosty the Snowman and Alpha B-Birds.  The original image- I wrecked by bleeding red Copic...., so I trimmed the birds off of that image and added them to the bottom of this image.  A quick fix and I am OK with it.  The die cut is a Simon Says Stamps snowflake. The snowman is by Bugaboo digital stamps, now out of business.  

Challenges:
TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

6 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like a fast and furious trip and a fun day crafting on your return. Love your cards. Great for fall and winter. Super cute! Have a great week.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these are adorable. Well done!

MiamiKel said...

Fantastic cards, Shel!

*Vicki* said...

The critters on your slimline really crack me up! Love all of these fabulous cards with the cute images Shelly! Always great to enjoy crafty friend time for sure!

Carol W said...

Great cards Shelly. Well done.

Lynn McAuley said...

I'm in love with that first slimline design and its awesome cast of cute woodlands characters. What a precious card!! Sensational design with that KSS squirrel, too, my friend!!