Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sweet Stamps- Snowy Day card

For my Sweet Stamps project this week, I continued on my mission to find ways to use up some of my Designer Paper.

  On this card, I punched 1" circles and layered them on the background. I added the snowman which is colored with Copics and highlighted with Sakura Jelly Roll pen. The snowflake is Globecraft and Piccolo using Siam Silver Enamel EP.
  I finished off using my DP paper strips by making an 'extra' card creating a Herringbone pattern.

  My daughter likes one, and hubby likes the other.......
We had a little dusting ~ 2 inches of snow here and we are expecting more tomorrow and Friday- to total about 10 inches.  I bet we will be seeing some new snowmen pop up around the neighborhood.

Products from the SweetStamps.com Store:
Stitched Button Snowman HERE
Mr and Mrs Snow Duo HERE
Sentiment from Cardinal Duo set HERE
Black Tuxedo Memento Ink HERE
Copics HERE
Sakura Jelly Roll pen HERE
Bo Bunny DP HERE
Globecraft and Piccolo Snowflakes HERE
Adhesive for G&P snowflakes HERE
Globecraft and Piccolo Siam Silver EP HERE
Silver Rhinestones HERE
Stitched Rectangles dies HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

21 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

They are both gorgeous cards Shelly, but I think the herringbone one is the one I like the most.
Blessings
Maxine

Pamellia said...

Very creative backgrounds Shelly! Love all the winter blues and the fun snowmen! hugs :)

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Love snowmen!! Both cards are beautiful. I need to make some more winter cards for next year! You inspired me to go to the craft room and get busy!

jimlynn said...

BOTH are wonderful and as cute as can be. Love the background on these too.
Ten inches of snow down this way would be a blizzard and shut the entire town down for days. LOL!
Lynn

Lynn McAuley said...

Such fun DP backgrounds for these adorable snowmen, Shelly! I, too, have mounds of DP scraps overtaking me!

Gael said...

I especially like the one with the strips of paper; makes me think of a quilt. Warm and toasty

*Vicki* said...

Really LOVE the way you've put these papers to use Shelly!! I so need to do this!! I would really like to get going on a couple of Christmas designs myself! :)

Terry said...

I need to follow your lead and start using some of that DP! Your snowman is such fun and so appropriate for the new dusting of snow! Lovely card!

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are adorable. Love the background on both.

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful winter designs, Shelly!!! Love both the backgrounds and those sweet little snowmen!!!! Great way to use up all those scraps!!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun and I love the circles and diagonal strip backgrounds, so creative.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great cards. I love the herringbone technique, and I just did a card using the circles. Great minds think alike.

Anonymous said...

You are Queen of Techniques!
Another wonderful technique is on display.
Shelly, I have to say that I doubt if there is a jollier snowman than the one on the first card. He is making me :)
Wishes
Lynne

paige said...

Cute cards Shelly! would you believe I thought about getting rid of my snowmen stamps because I hate winter? in the end I kept them, but they still sit in the drawer.

Margaret said...

Both cards are fabulous. It would be hard to pick one over the other. Great idea to use up dp scraps. I have mine sorted, but somehow I never go to that box to pull out something that I could use. Hope the snow doesn't keep you from getting out and about.

Donna K said...

You did a fantastic job using up those DP's Shelly! I have been on that same kick recently. I just need to do that with the rest of my crafting supplies....there are so many untouched items in my "collection" love these sweet winter wishes cards!!

Diane said...

Good Evening Shelly, gosh what darling snowmen. Both cards are just adorable.

Hugs diane

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Must say, I really like them both. The backgrounds are so artsy fartsy!

Irish Cherokee said...

I like them both. Very nice indeed. - Jim

NanaConnie said...

I adore snowmen and would use them year round if I could find a reason. Of course, I don't live where it actually snows so... Both of these cards are just so adorable, my friend! Great paper choices.

Penny said...

Oh, so cute, both of them! I especially love the pop of red on the second one. You are too clever! :^)
Hugs, Penny