Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sweet Stamps- Shimmery ATC's

Happy Thursday!  I had the good fortune of meeting Stacey at the Tampa Stamp Fest this weekend, and was able to see her demo a sparkly technique- so just HAD to give it a go! I also stayed with the Sweet Stamps Pink/White plus one other color challenge for the Heart ATC.

 Sparkalicious!  I want to show you how this effect was achieved.

I used the Anti-static on my work surface. Apply the sticky tape to your ATC surface. I also used the Anti-static on the ATC stencil, then place it over the sticky side of the ATC.   Pour the Glitter over the top of the stencil, and use your finger to burnish it to the surface.
 This is what you will see when you remove the stencil.  Now, the white is sticky still, so apply glitter, Sugar beads or embossing powder to the surface and burnish that in as well.

 This background uses Cranberry wine Enamel EP, which I did add heat to, but you do not have to add heat.

This one has black EP and no heat.
On this one, I did add heat to melt the black EP- so it gives a shiny look to the EP.

Products I used from the Sweet Stamps Store are noted in my write-up over at Sweet Stamps HERE

Our winners are chosen by Random.org- and if you use a Sweet Stamps image, your entry will count x's 2!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I was just going "oooh" and "ahhh" as I was scrolling down your post here Shelly!! ;) These are so sparkly and really gorgeous!! Beautifully done!

jimlynn said...

I can see the sparkle and shine all the way down here in Texas! Fantastic cards. Know you had a grand time at the show.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous effects - thanks for sharing the 'how to', Shelly.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

How awesome, Shelly! It sure brings on the glitz and glamour! Fabulous cards!

Terry said...

Oh the sparkle is delightful, Shelly! I am just in love with your sweet ATC's and love all the glamour and glitz!

Donna K said...

So sparkly!! Love these Shelly. Awesome Valentine's. Pretty neat that you had a chance to meet Stacey too.

froebelsternchen said...

Fantasic effects here ...wow!
Happy Valentine's Day Shelly
xxx
Susi

Pamellia said...

Once again I bow down to the queen of backgrounds! Spectacular Shelly! The glimmer and shimmer is amazing, love em all! hugs :)

Unknown said...

What a great technique. Love all the sparkle.

MiamiKel said...

Oh sparkly AND fun! And now I know who was in my bathroom on Wednesday - LOL! Seriously, I woke up to find my daugher's bathroom with silver glitter ALL over the floor and of course, no one knew how it got there _ LOL! Glad you had a fun time in FL! ♥

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

The glitter really pops. Thanks for showing us how you achieved the look.

Kim K said...

Two layers of shimmer, I love it!

Donna said...

Wonderful sparkle! Love the way they shimmer in the photo. Really beautiful! Happy weekend. Hope you aren't buried in snow. I think we have some coming on Monday.

Anne Temple said...

Both of these look great. Love this technique and I'm sure they are even more sparkly in person.

JD/ Jill said...

Like all your bling and sparkle! So pretty. I like working with glitter...but I manage to get it everywhere through the house, and I sparkle for a while too...smile.

Penny said...

They are just wonderful combinations of sparkle and design! Love these ATC's! :^)
Hugs, Penny