Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stampin Up workshop with Kim

 My friend Kim is a Stampin Up Demo, and I attended a workshop - here are a couple of the cards we made:

This interesting college uses Happy Birthday stamps from different sets. We cut the edge off of the striped ribbon and frayed the edge. We laid down sticky tape, and gathered the ribbon by laying it down on the tape. It is a very pretty card IRL.

 This card used the Rock and Roll technique for the butterflies- we stamped them two extra times and added butterflies that were cut out for dimension.  I love the woven ribbon on the edge.

We had a graduation party for our daughter Stephanie this past weekend- it was just beautiful out and we enjoyed visiting with family and friends. I decided to order food- so we had Chipotle and Jimmy Johns...and I made Mostocolli.  In the end the cost was the same as when I made it all myself.....here is a picture of the dessert table (the best part):
 Stephi did not want a cake- so we had cupcakes instead- Coconut, Cookies and Cream, Carrot Cake, White with Green Sprinkles (Go Spartans!) and White with Raspberry frosting and a Raspberry on top.....yum..... everything was gone but about a dozen of the chocolate grad hats and 3 cupcakes.

Ok off to pack- we are headed to Colorado this week!

Have a great day!
 Shelly

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Really like BOTH of those cards Shelly. Those butterflies are outstanding too.
Great (and yummy looking) dessert table!!! Glad you guys had a good time.
Lynn

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly. I love the woven ribbon edge on the second one. Your dessert table looks divine, I think cupcakes are very "in" right now, so your daughter must be very hip! Congrats to her on her graduation.

Willy said...

Wonderful cards!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So many nice technique son your cards and what a yummy spread!

paige said...

Your dessert spread looks/sounds yummy!

Love the two SU cards you made!

Marlene said...

Your dessert table looks delicious!

Love the cards, and the way you used ribbon/trim in each of them! Beautiful!

Ret said...

I bet you guys had a blast. Love the cards you made, very pretty. I really like the butterfly card!! Beautiful!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

beautiful cards - love the blue and pink in particular - one of my favourite colour combinations. Enjoy your trip[.
Blessings
Maxine

Anne Temple said...

Both of your cards look wonderful! The ribbon techniques are really cool on each one.

Shirley said...

They are both lovely. I couldn't pick! Beautiful!