Monday, September 4, 2017

Oh Happy Day

For day 3 of the coloring challenge, I made another ATC for an exchange at Michael Strong Stamps.

  I cut out the black cardstock and used a die to cut a circle in the middle of it.  Then, it was run through an embossing folder for some texture.  The white cardstock behind the circle has sponged on red ink and Honey ink with a swipe of red.
 Next, I measured how much of the giraffe I would be using as its head peeked out of the hole...and colored above that point with Copics.  My exchange called for a color challenge, I was to use red/black and gold. A sentiment and gold sequins finishes off my ATC.

Challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies- AG use a critter
Die Cutting Divas- sequins plus a die cut (Entry #2)

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly that is a great ATC. That is a wonderful stamp.

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is gorgeous - love how you have the 'sunset' behind the circle and the giraffe head coming through it. Great work
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a neat design layout with the giraffe peaking through. Great job.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shelley! Fabulous monochrome theme with your wonderful giraffe - it's an intriguing layout with great color! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or our next guest designer. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this layout with your out-of-the-box giraffe!! Great colors, too!! Awesome design, Shelly!